Looking for a single dosing espresso grinder tier list

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
romaen

#1: Post by romaen » Jul 04, 2019, 12:58 am

Hello!

Is there a tier list for single dosing espresso grinders? That would help a lot to decide which upgrade to get!

Thank you!

grover

#2: Post by grover » Jul 04, 2019, 4:47 am

I don't think there is. I assume you aren't talking about hand crank grinders. For motorized, there aren't more than a handful that you can count with two hands. There are far more qualified people on the forums who can provide better advice but for dedicated motorized single dose grinders the ones I can think of are: Mahlkonig EK43 and variants like the EK43S, Niche Zero, Ceado E37SD, E37Z Hero, Kafatek Monolith Conical, Flat and Flat Max, Lyn Weber EG-1. There is also the Eureka Atom Pro but I don't think that has been released yet.

I am sure you can modify dosing grinders to SD like the Sette and Mignons but there you are getting into what is acceptable retention which is different for each person.

Good luck.

EricC

#3: Post by EricC » Jul 04, 2019, 6:02 am

You seem to have forgotten the latest version of the original single dosing grinder the Versalab M4

romaen

#4: Post by romaen » Jul 04, 2019, 11:08 am

Thanks guys for list of grinders!

Can someone create some kind of ranking, in regards to the grind quality, of the different grinders?

Thanks!

mivanitsky
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mivanitsky » Jul 04, 2019, 11:16 am

Also Titus grinder.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by baristainzmking » Jul 04, 2019, 2:08 pm

Add Helor Stance Stance Motor to the list of single dosing grinders
Julia

romaen

#7: Post by romaen » Jul 04, 2019, 2:42 pm

After reading the reviews (Niche Zero Grinder Review), Niche Zero seems to be a really good deal for 550€.

Nick Name

#8: Post by Nick Name » replying to romaen » Jul 04, 2019, 2:46 pm

It is.

romaen

#9: Post by romaen » Jul 05, 2019, 1:08 am

I think I will go with the Niche Zero, it seems to be the best bang for the buck of the grinders mentioned here.
Or would someone disagree and recommend something else?

LObin

#10: Post by LObin » Jul 05, 2019, 8:42 am

Another super happy owner here!