Looking for grinder for espresso and pour over

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
lockerbie

#1: Post by lockerbie »

Something comparable in performance/price point with Niche Zero, but can also do grind for pourover. I am an espresso newbie.

mckolit

#2: Post by mckolit »

Do you have a grinder now? If you do, you can use that for pourover and niche for espresso. I tried going with one grinder for pourover and espresso but ended up getting a different grinder for each.

Bluenoser

#3: Post by Bluenoser »

One thing I might consider if I was looking at a Niche level for espresso, is to go with that and get a hand grinder, or something else under $350 for pour overs.. assuming you want a really good pour-over grind. The hand grinder at pour over coarseness should be pretty quick and painless. There are so many new grinders on the market it bears looking at all the videos on youtube and getting some owner feedback.. The KPlus, C40 Redclix, Lagom Mini, Kinu (has a brew and espresso burr set) are just some of the many available. Just one possibility; and great if you decide to travel and want a grinder.

Edit. There is a recent video by lance of the lagom mini with larger burr option where he finds this very good for both however this is not a heavy duty grinder.

smite

#4: Post by smite »

Thats kind of the route I went. I picked up a 1zpresso K plus for french press/pourover and yet its capable of espresso in a pinch. I tried it today and its way better and produces much less fines than I got with my Sette or Lagom and it is much easier to dial in without trying to switch between grind settings. Usability is really good with it as well with the magnetic cup.