Looking for an all metal/glass alternative to the Aeropress? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Tomtomtom1234 (original poster)

#11: Post by Tomtomtom1234 (original poster) »

Anyone have any experience with the metal "Artisan Press"? If I buy this thing and if they have international shipping I'm going to be paying out the nose to have it sent here. Do they make a good seal?

CwD

#12: Post by CwD »

Shipping looks like it's 51AUD on top of 91AUD for the press. Makes it $108USD after currency conversion.

No personal experience with the press. Don't like plastic either, but never been a huge Aeropress fan so I've never felt the need for one.

Tomtomtom1234 (original poster)

#13: Post by Tomtomtom1234 (original poster) »

What is it about the Aeropress that makes such a good cup of coffee? No one else has come up with another device (besides the pour over) that makes a similar cup of coffee?

Paroxysmalism

#14: Post by Paroxysmalism replying to Tomtomtom1234 »

I guess you could say that it combines a lot of the good features of other methods. It's also very adaptable to minor and even major alterations in time/temp/dose/grind.
Adam
Single-Origin Alchemist

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

Assuming fine coffee, fresh beans and good water you need a quality grind, temperature control, timed so it's not under or over-extracted. You'll also want to tune your brew ratio. This can be accomplished with different types of brewers. AeroPress is well insulated for temperature control and consistent results.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

SlowRain

#16: Post by SlowRain »

There's also the Trinity ONE.

https://trinitycoffee.co/

drgary
Team HB

#17: Post by drgary »

The Bonavita porcelain immersion dripper is all ceramic except for the stopper, which is silicone, not plastic.

Of course the plastic in the AeroPress is BPA free, but that leads to a whole other discussion.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Paroxysmalism

#18: Post by Paroxysmalism »

SlowRain wrote:There's also the Trinity ONE.

Beautiful piece, also exactly ten times the price of an Aeropress. Is it ten times nicer? -- that's the question.
Adam
Single-Origin Alchemist

aecletec

#19: Post by aecletec »

Paroxysmalism wrote:Hmm can't say for sure, maybe it's just my perception. I just feel like, for brew, I see more attention given to FP, Chemex, v60, maybe siphon too.
That's really interesting!
The big focus trend at the moment is batch brew in Brisbane at least - maybe the Trinity brewer can help improve time efficiency with by the cup brewing similar to aeropress but with more style...

CwD

#20: Post by CwD »

SlowRain wrote:There's also the Trinity ONE.

The Trinity is still plastic though, right?