Londinium R24 vs. Nurri Leva vs. ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
rolex

#1: Post by rolex »

Hi there.. researching my next machine and have it narrowed down I think to 4 choices..

The LR24, Nurri, and Evo Leva, and then the La Marzocco Linea Micra as a 4th option.. and my head is spinning.. falling into analysis paralysis and I'm just wondering if someone more educated than me could touch down on some differences between the 3 lever machines in question.

For a home user that typically only makes drinks twice or 3 times per day, what are some things I should be considering between these 3 units? If you happen to be familiar with all 3 machines, is there a clear ideal choice of the 3 I listed in your opinion?

I totally love the whole routine of creating my drink, much like everyone here I'm sure. From grinding to puck prep, even sometimes opting for manual grinding just because I feel like it, which is why I am so heavily skewed towards lever machines in 3 of my 4 choices and never wanted something like the Decent.. I have nobody using the machine that needs an automated experience and simply would not enjoy it as much. I still drive a manual car, too.

Even if I bought a La Marzocco which is definitely a holy grail type thing for me, I feel like I'm the kind of guy that would STILL not be happy until I had a lever machine to go with it :oops:

This hobby is deadly

Appreciate your expertise, cheers!

Cuprajake

#2: Post by Cuprajake »

I can chime in on the londinuim and the Evo as I've owned both

Evo is warm ready for use in 15mins, dual boiler so you can turn the steam on and off so good power saving feature, it's a 54mm basket though so requires different tampers etc, but these are supplied when you buy it. Also comes with 3 porter filter, different style woods etc.

The londinuim is smaller, but single boiler. Imo not as temp stable.

Personally I know I get better shots from the Evo,

As for the mini, I'm not sure on it. It's still new to the market, I'd go for it's big brother personally as that's tried and tested but you have a different style of shot, Vs a lever shot.

The nurri also 54mm, uses a similar group to the Evo but less tech used in the pid. It has the vent option for ending the shot but this introduces the need to chemical back flush, it's also bigger than the Evo lol with isn't small

Nurri uses a rotary pump, but it's not a quiet one, the lr24 uses a 24v rotary which is near silent, so that wins on that front.

There all good machines, some more than other, I'm biased. I own a lever but I do speak honestly.

A machine I'd add to the list is the Bianca v3 very capable machine indeed

Advertisement
Cuprajake

#3: Post by Cuprajake »

To add the londinuim is a little I've 30mins warm and the Bianca 15-20mins depending on voltage (country)

macaber8

#4: Post by macaber8 »

If you think you will end up with a lever, you should get a lever.

If you don't like DE1, you should avoid ACS and nurri.

Cuprajake

#5: Post by Cuprajake »

that makes no sense and in essence your telling him to buy a londinium, which you've guessed it uses an app to control the infusion, you also have to take the side off the machine to set the wifi up while its plugged in..

espressotime

#6: Post by espressotime »

If you are so into the whole ritual of handmade espresso have you considered an Olympia Cremina?
More handmade than a springless espressomachine is hard to find since the applied pressure is also produced by you as the espressomaker.

Amberale

#7: Post by Amberale »

The way I see it the Decents are a relatively soulless but devastatingly accurate bit of coffee production gear.

The Nurri and EVO are extremely sophisticated developments of one of the most popular commercial lever groups.

Any of these three can be set and forget(enough that non-snobs can make a very good coffee) or constantly tinkered with in search of God shots.

Advertisement
bakafish

#8: Post by bakafish »

Cuprajake wrote: The nurri also 54mm, uses a similar group to the Evo but less tech used in the pid. It has the vent option for ending the shot but this introduces the need to chemical back flush, it's also bigger than the Evo lol with isn't small
Nurri is deeper but Evo is wider. Especially if you use reservoir, Evo has to open the side panel.

Amberale

#9: Post by Amberale »

Vostok is even wider again.
I'm still in love/lust.

Cuprajake

#10: Post by Cuprajake »

that one group vostok though they have made is proper endgame, with all its features