Londinium R24 vs. Nurri Leva vs. ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Cuprajake

#21: Post by Cuprajake »

you adjust the pressure stat inside the machine, but you dont need to adjust pressure, the preinsfusion lasts 5-10s. in an evo you adjust the temps to suit a bean,

you only need to adjust the pre infusion on the lr24 to try and drag more heat out of it. i understand how it works, but i question if it works.

if i had more money i would buy a scace, but its too much to spend for a one time use

macaber8

#22: Post by macaber8 »

Regarding to the scace. what is your thoughts on Pesado TPD?
https://pesado.com.au/products/pesado-t ... ure-device

pj.walczak

#23: Post by pj.walczak »

Cuprajake wrote:No worries. I'll leave you to your quotes from the website.

If you want to adjust the pre infusion pressure on the lr24, you have to take the side panel off, have the machine turned on, reset the WiFi and then log onto it with your phone,
It is a not fully correct. You adjust preinfussion on the fly using the L App (it uses cloud service, Blynk). The connection to Wifi is done once, at the beginning, during the machine setup.
---

Pawel

Cuprajake

#24: Post by Cuprajake »

that wasn't the point i was making, you still have to set it up once, and that involves opening the machine up.

then you use an app, the op was making out like you have no involvements after this and just pull the lever

pj.walczak

#25: Post by pj.walczak »

Ok, then I agree.
You have to setup the device once, to connect to WiFI. But after that, it is super easy to adjust the preinfussion pressure.
---

Pawel

Cuprajake

#26: Post by Cuprajake »

"If you want to adjust the pre infusion pressure on the lr24, you have to take the side panel off, have the machine turned on, reset the WiFi and then log onto it with your phone,

Once built back up you can then adjust the pressure with your phone, hardly no user involvement."

is what i wrote, you quoted the bit that suited you,

any adjustment on any machine involves user involvement,

mathof

#27: Post by mathof »

I don't know which is more useful, adjusting pre-infusion pressure or brew water temperature. I keep both consistent on my 2014 L1. I do change a number of variables external to the machine, including brew ratio, baskets, and grind size. I find this procedure works well* for most dark to light beans.

*Judging by my taste preferences and measured extraction yields

Cuprajake

#28: Post by Cuprajake »

tbf theres no real adjustment on the l1 - haha

i did love my e&b ims superfine with my l1 - it gave some really clean ristretto

Cuprajake

#29: Post by Cuprajake »

macaber8 wrote:Regarding to the scace. what is your thoughts on Pesado TPD?
https://pesado.com.au/products/pesado-t ... ure-device
that looks like a nifty bit of kit, my only knock would be the scace is the industry standard and is what is widely used.

but none the less thats a cool item

RyanP

#30: Post by RyanP »

Cuprajake wrote:"If you want to adjust the pre infusion pressure on the lr24, you have to take the side panel off, have the machine turned on, reset the WiFi and then log onto it with your phone,

Once built back up you can then adjust the pressure with your phone, hardly no user involvement."

is what i wrote, you quoted the bit that suited you,

any adjustment on any machine involves user involvement,
Your quote in its entirety still reads as suggesting that one would need to remove the side panel and reset the Wi-Fi every time to change the PI. I'm not a LR24 owner and was scratching my head at what you wrote so appreciated the clarification. As a one time setup it's not a big deal.