Londinium R24 vs. Nurri Leva vs. ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
drH
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by drH »

Londinium is also coming out with the Vectis soon ( small Cremina competitor)

Why not consider going with something fast and straightforward like the La Marzocco and adding a small lever on the side?

RueFondary

#12: Post by RueFondary »

macaber8 wrote:
If you don't like DE1, you should avoid ACS and nurri.
Can you please explain this statement, as to me, these machines are very different in terms of concept, the latter being double boilers with a well established spring lever group ?

The electronics of the ACS at least is fairly basic (PIDs are not rocket science and in use in pretty much every 'modern' pro-sumer machine above the Gaggia Classic). The ACS and Nurri have digital displays but do not rely on bluetooth or apps, which have some obsolescence risk IMO.

The Nurri and ACS machines do give you some useful information (mainly actual temperature of the group and boilers to the nearest 0.1C and updated very frequently, heater status, puck pressure, with shot duration also in the case of the Nurri), which most people find helpful (although there is no need to monitor these if one is not inclined to do so)

If the issue is looks, it seems to me to be very personal.
Check the website in my contact info for ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva (Unofficial) FAQ

CoffeeMac

#13: Post by CoffeeMac »

I think it's a good call going for a lever, especially if you are the only one using it.

If you can plumb in, then I can also recommend the Londinium Compressa. This avoids all the electronics, pump, WiFi, app of the LR24. The silence during operation is wonderful. I can say I've never had a bad shot from mine, with everything for very light Nordic roasts to very dark neopolitan style roasts.
Eventually you will end up with a lever.

LMWDP #706

macaber8

#14: Post by macaber8 »

I am in the same shoe. Just requested a quote for Vesuvius. A good explanation would be if you look at the history of lever machine, Vesuvius and Nurri is quite new. These machine offers flexibility but will hurt your easiness of use and operational robustness. You chose La Marzocco over a DE1, this tells me that you are not as price sensitive and prefer to get good coffee without going through all the trouble developing your own process.

From my research, R24 offers its own brewing profile: massive per infusion flow rate, adjustable pre infusion pressure, temperature stability, allowing consecutive shots. It is not as adjustable or as easy to adjust comparing to other machines, but everything is dailed in to pull this profile. This profile is so desirable that you have to go to a GS3 or Slayer to achieve similar results. R24 can easily do that for you for $4K. Vesuvius and Nurri will do this but you have to decide what profile you want first, then design your process to do this profile. This could make things complicated for you.

Most importantly, R24 is less likely to fail because it is packaged for user to not mess with it and is more simple comparing to others. I sense you want to enjoy coffee more than you want to play with the machine and wont enjoy the process of adjust valves and swapping sensors.

pizzaman383
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by pizzaman383 »

Cuprajake wrote:that one group vostok though they have made is proper endgame, with all its features
Is this machine available for sale, yet?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Amberale

#16: Post by Amberale »

Taking pre-orders for early 2023 delivery for 230-240v machines.
I'm not sure about 110-120v.

Cuprajake

#17: Post by Cuprajake »

macaber8 wrote:I am in the same shoe. Just requested a quote for Vesuvius. A good explanation would be if you look at the history of lever machine, Vesuvius and Nurri is quite new. These machine offers flexibility but will hurt your easiness of use and operational robustness. You chose La Marzocco over a DE1, this tells me that you are not as price sensitive and prefer to get good coffee without going through all the trouble developing your own process.

From my research, R24 offers its own brewing profile: massive per infusion flow rate, adjustable pre infusion pressure, temperature stability, allowing consecutive shots. It is not as adjustable or as easy to adjust comparing to other machines, but everything is dailed in to pull this profile. This profile is so desirable that you have to go to a GS3 or Slayer to achieve similar results. R24 can easily do that for you for $4K. Vesuvius and Nurri will do this but you have to decide what profile you want first, then design your process to do this profile. This could make things complicated for you.

Most importantly, R24 is less likely to fail because it is packaged for user to not mess with it and is more simple comparing to others. I sense you want to enjoy coffee more than you want to play with the machine and wont enjoy the process of adjust valves and swapping sensors.
The control boards in the Evo are from the commercial machine acs made, and have been used for years, you can adjust pre infusion just not as easily, but then the group is designed for use with 2bar. You manipulate brew temps for your chosen roast

No offence intended but with the lr24 you have no idea what temp you're pulling at, no reference as to whether the boiler has recovered. You have to manipulate pre infusion pressure but still have no idea wha you did to your shot.

Both machines are made with easy to access parts for longevity.

macaber8

#18: Post by macaber8 »

No offence intended but with the lr24 you have no idea what temp you're pulling at, no reference as to whether the boiler has recovered.
The fact is, one don't have to mess with the temperature to pull consecutive good espressos.
The LONDINIUM R24 delivers a stream of exceptional espresso to people who work from home, and it can be left on all day without ill effect
A lot of design decision is made for user to pull great coffee with little effort. LR24 pays more attention towards coffee drinker's experience. It is designed to simplify and perform, such that there could be less user involvement, and so that we can forget about the machine other than it being a beautiful piece.

Vesuvius is design for espresso making hobbyists. One must happy to get very involved, or you will regret why didn't you just buy an iPhone.

Cuprajake

#19: Post by Cuprajake »

No worries. I'll leave you to your quotes from the website.

Fwiw it's not just rock up and pull

If you want to adjust the pre infusion pressure on the lr24, you have to take the side panel off, have the machine turned on, reset the WiFi and then log onto it with your phone,

Once built back up you can then adjust the pressure with your phone, hardly no user involvement.

You have the wrong Impressions of the machines.

macaber8

#20: Post by macaber8 »

Question: how is pre-inflation pressure adjusted in Vesuvius?