Londinium L1 for home use - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Phaedrus

#11: Post by Phaedrus »

Amazing. Thank you!

Lavori

#12: Post by Lavori »

Pat, you are the man. Thank you.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by mgwolf »

I own an L1. It is the US edition and comes with the US plug and is made for 120V. I am quite sure the LR also may be ordered that way. Not sure why you would want to order a 220V European model for the US and then use a transformer to plug it in. The 220 V models do heat up a bit faster, but the 120V model works well.

sluflyer06

#14: Post by sluflyer06 replying to mgwolf »

You wouldn't need a transformer, simply a dedicated outlet which many of us have, and obviously the advantage is the nicer element.

Jwilly (original poster)

#15: Post by Jwilly (original poster) »

mgwolf wrote:I own an L1. It is the US edition and comes with the US plug and is made for 120V. I am quite sure the LR also may be ordered that way. Not sure why you would want to order a 220V European model for the US and then use a transformer to plug it in. The 220 V models do heat up a bit faster, but the 120V model works well.
Hi, you are correct that the LR can be ordered 120V. The L1 is 240V only, and I think the original post outlined why someone would want the L1 vs the LR.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by JohnB. »

Jwilly wrote: -Or should I just forget the smart plug nonsense and just leave it on 24/7?
-Has anyone thought about a mod to mix cool water from the line-in with boiler water for the hot water tap? The GS/3 has this capability
I've been using a Digital 240v timer to control my Speedster's on/off times for years. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weekly-Timers- ... 3470802459 You can't talk to it with your phone but it does the job. I use an Intermatic 120v/240v hardwired timer for the Bosco.

As far as mixing line & boiler water you could make something similar to the mixing block Kees uses in the Speedster or just buy the assembly from him. Plenty of free space inside the case of most commercial spring levers.

I would second the recommendation to consider a Bosco. You get a 2000w element in both the 120v & 240v versions & a 6 liter boiler.
LMWDP 267

michael

#17: Post by michael »

I like your current set up

id like to upgrade as well, but cant seem to decide

did you think about a GS3 or a speedster 8)

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by JohnB. »

michael wrote:I like your current set up

id like to upgrade as well, but cant seem to decide
You've been thinking about replacing that Vivaldi for a long, long time. :lol: I guess it can't be that bad if it's that hard to replace.
LMWDP 267

michael

#19: Post by michael »

You're right, seems forever and no, not so bad at all

I get vg+ coffee, the monolith flat was a big step up in cup quality and what a pain to replace that funny spaz outlet 8)

bean2friends

#20: Post by bean2friends »

JohnB. wrote:You've been thinking about replacing that Vivaldi for a long, long time. :lol: I guess it can't be that bad if it's that hard to replace.
I have a Mini Vivaldi and I think it's very hard to justify the expense of an "upgrade". Especially if you're drinking mostly American is and caps.