Londinium Distribution Tool - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Ysching87 (original poster)

#11: Post by Ysching87 (original poster) »

Iowa_Boy wrote:Well, decided I needed to give these a try, as all the reviews seem great.
Ordered 4 extra so will be selling those off on the Buy/Sell forum once they arrive. Excited to see how well this works!
Keep me posted on this, how much are you planning to sell it for?

KarlosdelaMancha

#12: Post by KarlosdelaMancha »

I have to say that I am a big fan of this tool. Big improvement over the large paper clip I was using for years. All my shots are with a bottomless pf and I can really see the difference.

Advertisement
mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by mgrayson »

I also have the KafaTek and, now, Londinium tools. On the basis of one day, the nod goes to KafaTek, but I've had about a year to get used to it. We'll see...

Almico

#14: Post by Almico »

Beewee wrote:I recently bought two mainly because I really liked the tool that came with the Helor Stance Motor which is nearly identical but has 4 wires instead of 3, and has a plastic handle instead of wood. The reason I bought two was that I wanted the nice wood handle and I wanted a spare incase I broke or lost the original. Overall both the Helor version and the Londinium version works equally well. I prefer the look of the Londinium but prefer the slightly smaller size of the Helor version.
Ditto on all counts.

Ric858

#15: Post by Ric858 »

I got in on the group buy that johnny4lsu put together. I think he had around 25 people get in on it. The shipped cost per person came out to $49. I like mine, and would buy it again at that price. It's nice looking and saves you the trouble of making your own. It's effective paired with my new monoflat and I prefer it to the previous workflow I had with an HG-1 + Blind Tumbler. However, I don't think it's worth the $70 shipped you pay if you buy just one directly from Londinium.
"Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions."

johnny4lsu

#16: Post by johnny4lsu »

Exactly. Well worth $49...not $75. However, it works really well!

Iowa_Boy

#17: Post by Iowa_Boy »

So here is my review after a few days:

Londinium Tool was shipped promptly and really well packaged in a cardboard tube. Inside the tube it was protected with bubble wrap.
Finish and materials feel very solid. They got this just right in my opinion.
Really easy to use, distributes grounds effortlessly.

Is the WDT result better than the wood toothpick I was using? Not that I can tell, both end up getting the job done.
But, that being said, this is a very well thought out good looking coffee tool and the toothpick isn't.
So, overall, well worth the purchase in my opinion!

Advertisement
Ysching87 (original poster)

#18: Post by Ysching87 (original poster) replying to Iowa_Boy »

Good to know! Do you have a video of you using the distributor? Would be interested to see it in action, searched youtube and couldn't find much video...

JonF

#19: Post by JonF »

By the way, if you happen to have a HG-1 with the Blind Tumbler, this is just a perfect distribution tool. Just keep the tumbler in place when you remove the center plunger, and use the tool.

mathof

#20: Post by mathof »

Ysching87 wrote:Good to know! Do you have a video of you using the distributor? Would be interested to see it in action, searched youtube and couldn't find much video...
Here is a video Reiss posted recently of his making an espresso which includes WDT with the Londinium distribution tool:

http://www.vimeo.com/319347540