LIDO, Flair, Bunn, etc

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
drewbirds

#1: Post by drewbirds »

Hey everyone! First post here.

First off I just want to say how valuable this forum has been to me for insight into different gear and user opinions, thanks.

So over the years I have been strictly just a coffee drinker. I have a Bunn VP17 in my apartment, I also use a Bodum/Chemex and french press (once a month on the french press).
I purchased a Flair Espresso press the other week, So I'm just now waiting for it to come in.
I currently own a cheaper Delonghi Dedica grinder. Don't get me wrong, its definitely not the best grinder ever but it has served its purpose for primarily drip coffee. Im not sure if it will hold its own when doing "proper" espresso.

My question for you guys, Seeing as though Im getting a Flair in the coming days, Should I go with the Lido 3 or Lido E? I myself am more into the idea of the Lido 3, as I won't be using the grinder for ONLY espresso. Frankly, id be using it more for coffee. Someone change my mind or agree 8)

I would ultimately like to stop using the delonghi grinder all together. I primarily drink drip or pour over coffee but I will have the Flair for when I'm feeling espresso.

Ive looked into the Helor 101, just don't feel like waiting forever / Prima has a sale going on.

Hope this all makes sense,

Andrew

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Welcome to HB Andrew! Glad to have you!

As a happy owner of a Lido 3 and many other grinders, both hand powered and electric, I'd recommend going with the Lido E as opposed to the Lido 3. No knock against the Lido 3, but the fine adjustability of the Lido E will serve you better with your Flair and you'll be able to dial it out wider for your occasional filter brew just fine.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/