Lever Wanted - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

He just opened the second batch of machines quite recently, and maybe there is still one left. It's just within your price range, but, well here's a link.

https://lapera.ca/

Ira

Thehomebrewcoffee

#12: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee replying to ira »

I live in Ontario not far from montreal, this is also of interest to me. Any idea what they retail for?
Home Brew Coffee - Stereo Coffee Roasters - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Advertisement
thirdcrackfourthwave

#13: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave replying to Thehomebrewcoffee »

12k CDN. From the blog: "The Gist.

We make things, unlikely things, in small quantities, mostly by hand, and in a place where it is expensive to do this. The second edition Lapera DS is available now for pre-sale and the price is $12k Canadian. This is a lot by any measure, but not, we feel, and if you understand the process, by any means excessive."

harris (original poster)

#14: Post by harris (original poster) »

Wow, thank you for all the suggestions, looks like I have some homework for tonight. I guess the other thing is availability, in this new world, "when" becomes another factor to consider.

Amberale

#15: Post by Amberale »

May I suggest Izzo Valexia (same as Alex but all Stainless and prettier) or an ACS Evo Leva?
You might need a 240v outlet for the ACS but I think they have made a couple for the US.

ojt

#16: Post by ojt »

How about La Marzocco La Leva 1 group? :)
Osku

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by pcofftenyo »

Or the Olympia Cremina?

Advertisement
harris (original poster)

#18: Post by harris (original poster) »

So, I'm leaning towards a Londinium R24. My heart says the CT2 but @Ad-85 summed it up best 'not practical for a half dozen shots in a row'. The family has really come together during COVID and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it going including milk drinks for my daughters. I'm certain a CT# will be in my future jus not now.

The more I pondered the purpose of a new machine the more I realized that I want to be able to play around with it but I want the kids, all adults, to be able to serve themselves as well when I'm not around. Seems that the R24 fits that desire best. Tell me I'm wrong, point me in a different direction, or tell me I'm being silly in my old age.

Thanks.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#19: Post by LBIespresso »

I agree with your conclusion. About the LR24 and the CT2 in your future
LMWDP #580

John49

#20: Post by John49 »

harris wrote:So, I'm leaning towards a Londinium R24. My heart says the CT2 but @Ad-85 summed it up best 'not practical for a half dozen shots in a row'. The family has really come together during COVID and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it going including milk drinks for my daughters. I'm certain a CT# will be in my future jus not now.

The more I pondered the purpose of a new machine the more I realized that I want to be able to play around with it but I want the kids, all adults, to be able to serve themselves as well when I'm not around. Seems that the R24 fits that desire best. Tell me I'm wrong, point me in a different direction, or tell me I'm being silly in my old age.

Thanks.
I see no real problem doing five consecutive shot on the CT. All you need is 5 filter baskets prep'd and you can pull a shot remove the spent basket and drop in the next one. If you have a kettle with hot water you can top up the CT and keep going.