Lelit Bianca vs VBM Domobar Super Electronic - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Capuchin Monk

#11: Post by Capuchin Monk »

First video on post #6 shows some programing process for flow control setup.

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Pressino »

Capuchin Monk wrote:
Yes, but it has a better repeatability.
So I was right and you can't change the profile on the fly during extraction on the VBM? That's too bad...and IMO would be a big plus for the Bianca...but that's just my preference.

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#13: Post by another_jim »

Mine too. But if you want to be doing something else, while the machine does say, 10 seconds at 2 bar, ramp up to 9 fast, then drop gradually to three over 15 seconds, you need to be able to program it. The point is that the question is not about the machine, but about how it is going to be used.

If the OP doesn't really know how he will use the machine, he should flip a coin, and by the time he buys his next one, he will know.
Jim Schulman

Capuchin Monk

#14: Post by Capuchin Monk »

I haven't tried any espresso machines with flow profile controller so I'm wondering, when dialing in the coffee grounds, should it be done with full 9 bar pressure (or standard default setting)? Then once that is dialed in, use flow profile to manipulate, no?

DaveC

#15: Post by DaveC »

I have both machines and for me the Bianca would be the choice.

4go (original poster)

#16: Post by 4go (original poster) replying to DaveC »

Thanks for all of your replies!
Im reading them!
@DaveC:
May i ask you why do you prefer the Bianca over the VBM?

Jeff
Team HB

#17: Post by Jeff »

Capuchin Monk wrote:I'm wondering, when dialing in the coffee grounds, should it be done with full 9 bar pressure (or standard default setting)? Then once that is dialed in, use flow profile to manipulate, no?
I can only comment on my approach.

For my conical grinder, choice of light-roast coffees, and tastes, I pretty much know that a "9-bar, flat" profile is going to be far from optimal. Dialing in with that almost always would do little more than confirm that I've wasted 3 of the 14 shots I can get out of a 250 g bag. I start dialing in with my best guess as to grind, dose, and profile from the first shot. For me, on most coffees, that is a profiled extraction that is far from 9-bar, flat.

If someone tends more toward medium-dark or darker roasts that end up with something close to a classic, pump-driven profile, then their starting point seems like it would be close to "just flip the switch". I makes sense to me that if they've decided that a declining-pressure ("lever-like") extraction is generally their preference, to start with that.

Advertisement
DaveC

#18: Post by DaveC »

4go wrote:Thanks for all of your replies!
Im reading them!

@DaveC:
May i ask you why do you prefer the Bianca over the VBM?
I've been using it, and giving (totally unpaid in any way) retailer/manufacturer feedback, but not publicly reviewing it. So all I can say is, I personally prefer the Bianca.

Capuchin Monk

#19: Post by Capuchin Monk »

DaveC wrote:So all I can say is, I personally prefer the Bianca.
Any details on why?

DaveC

#20: Post by DaveC replying to Capuchin Monk »

I have used a lot of machines and I prefer the way the Bianca works