Lelia Bianca V3 vs Decent

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
p4lxrich

#1: Post by p4lxrich »

Been really debating these two for a while. I'm fairly happy with my ecm classika with flow control. My only reason to upgrade (other than looks as I like the white Bianca or the white decent to match my counter more ) is I want my wife to be able to make her own espresso or latte drink once in while.

Can the new Bianca v3 with all the pre infusion and low profile option's really have someone do a pretty much automatic kind of settings ? I know perhaps can do more automatic. It's about 1k difference so quite a lot but I can justify it if the decent is much better for automatic and perhaps more experimental shots. My only worry about decent is that it has too much electronics that can possibly break more than a regular e61 ? Although the electronics can break as well in Bianca.

For me personally I do milk and espresso drinks about even. My wife more milk drinks.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

There are three other threads on this very topic, click here. Take a look and let us know if you have questions not already answered there.
Dan Kehn

p4lxrich (original poster)

#3: Post by p4lxrich (original poster) »

Thx I was curious because the new v3 has some more features to be more comparable with decent. I didn't see the v3 comparison

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Really? I didn't know. What's new in V3 that's got your attention?
Dan Kehn

#5: Post by p4lxrich (original poster) »

Mainly electronic low flow mode that simulates profiles without manually moving the paddle

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

Thanks, I see that site sponsor Prima Coffee just posted an overview video. It explains the "low flow mode" in detail starting at 3:38.
TL;DW - this option automates a lower brew pressure at the start start and optionally at the end. The presenter describes it as a feature for those who don't want to fuss with "manual mode" extractions (e.g., a family member who just wants coffee... now ;-)).
Dan Kehn

#7: Post by p4lxrich (original poster) »

thanks. I just saw this as well this morning.
I like the combo of preinfusion and low flow mode and even pump off which i think will take care of the times when my wife needs to make one. i do understand that decent can do more. but i like the new updated features so far on bianca v3.