The Learning Curve: Maybe I Best Get A Scale, After All? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Jesse.F

#11: Post by Jesse.F »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089JYMRK6/re ... UTF8&psc=1

I've been using this, $11, and has been great, it's not as fancy as some, but it does weight and time, fits on the drip tray, and as far as I can tell, it's a repeatable as necessary.

SEMIJim (original poster)

#12: Post by SEMIJim (original poster) »

Thanks for the feedback, everybody!

Last night I went ahead and ordered a GreaterGoods Digital Pocket Scale.

I went with that one, rather than the $12 one recommended, because the GG scale has a slightly higher rating with sixteen times the number of reviews.

SEMIJim (original poster)

#13: Post by SEMIJim (original poster) »

Update

The scale I ordered was delivered yesterday. Checked it against the two 50g weights that came with my Franklin Armory scale and the 1g and 0.5g Troemner calibration weights I have. (The 1g came with traceability paperwork. The other one of Troemner's non-traceable, but higher-end products.)

It was off by 0.1g on each of the 50g weights and by 0.2g with the two combined. It was right on, w/in its 0.1g resolution, with both the 1g and 0.5g weights.

Good enough for weighing coffee, I suppose :)

I also have a Troemner 200g weight on the way for calibrating the scale. Accuracy on that is <0.1g. I considered acquiring a Troemner 20g calibration weight to see where the scale came out more in the coffee-weighing range, but, at nearly three times the cost of the scale, itself, that seemed a bit overkill--even to me :lol: