Lateral Move from HG-1 - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
roadman
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by roadman »

Shojin wrote:I'm currently using a Hausgrind with only half the lower o-ring left, so the base keeps falling off. Knock, as we all know, have zero customer service, so I've not been able to ascertain which Euro-sized o-ring I need to replace it, despite several attempts to contact them.
Don't know if this will help, but if you go to Grainger and search for "Round Medium Hard Buna N O-Ring, 29.0mm I.D., 34mmO.D., 10PK" you'll find the o-ring that fits on the base of a feldgrind and keeps the cup securely in place.

If your hausgrind is the same width as a feldgrind it will probably fit.

Shojin

#22: Post by Shojin replying to roadman »

Thanks for the suggestion, but from what I've read just looking it up now the Feldgrind is a slightly smaller diameter than the Hausgrind.

In the interests of not further derailing the thread (sorry), I'm still waiting for the Niche. My only reservation is that if it's so great at this price point, why hasn't another established grinder company done it already?

Advertisement
IntrepidQ3 (original poster)

#23: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

Shojin wrote: In the interests of not further derailing the thread (sorry), I'm still waiting for the Niche. My only reservation is that if it's so great at this price point, why hasn't another established grinder company done it already?
Although tempting, I'm going to let others test out the new tech.

The last k10 in the buy/sell here was not actually still for sale. Besides for patiently waiting for the next used K10 to show up. Any other suggestions?
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

Joe2

#24: Post by Joe2 »

leozava wrote:What about a sette?? Any "dedicated" single dose grinders are going to be a bit out of your price range. That's why I still think motorizing your hg-1 is your best bet. There are other ways of doing it, many have had good results with a kitchen aid motor.
I am interested in HG 1 with a motor. Who can make this?

Bunkmil

#25: Post by Bunkmil replying to Joe2 »

oralia80

#26: Post by oralia80 »

leozava wrote:There is a motor kit being offered for the hg-1, have you considered that??

Where is this kit being offered? Nevermind, I found it.
"new grinder? Tell me more..."