Lagom P64 VS Ceado E37SD VS ?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
HeadHop

#1: Post by HeadHop »

Hi coffee lovers !

I know there have been a tons of threads lately regarding grinders and I went through them but I have not found my answer... So any help would be much appreciated.

I'm currently using a Niche Zero but as I'm heading more and more to the light roast area I'd like to try some flat burrs as it is known to extract better clarity over conical burrs (Is that even true ? I hope I can figure out myself !)

I definitely want to continue single dosing so for flat burrs I had considered the Lagom P64 with HU burrs or the Ceado E37SD with its massive 83mm burrs.
I haven't found much about the Ceado, read some complaints saying it is not a true single dosing grinder, plus I also have not found a lot of the burr geometry used. Do you have experience with it ?
I've also read some HB members complaining about the alignment of the P64, or not going fine enough for slayer style espresso, so ...

I'm also wondering if it shouldn't be better to wait for the Monolith Max lottery and go endgame immediately!

Tldr: I'm able to get the P64 or the E37SD at the same price and I don't know which one I should go for... I'm even looking at the Kafatek website from time to time to check if the max would be available.

chipman

#2: Post by chipman »

Maybe you should include the EG1 in your search.

PanzerIV88

#3: Post by PanzerIV88 »

I wanted to know if you ended up making a choice and if so, what did you get because I sold recently my (Rocket Fausto) to get my very first single doser (Ceado E37SD) and been told the stock burrs were so good that it was a waste to replace them with SSP burrs. I hope it's true cause those burrs in 83mm are twice more expensive than 64mm and the Ceado already cost an arm!

So far I love the grinder though I would have liked they put a good angle by design because now you must use the brush to collect the ~0.6g that remains in the chute. I also find the adjustment to have a way too narrow margin of error. For example so far I must be all the time between 1.50 and 1.70 and if for a specific coffee 1.70 would be perfect and give me a 1:2 ratio such as 40g in 30 seconds, well if I put 1.71 it's gonna be 10 seconds appart and ruined. Hell... EVEN just +0.5 on the scale can be enough to change it from a good 5 seconds. Seriously wtf is that kind of super mega narrow margin?! You just have no room at all! At least I did have a 15% discount on it.

Now as for the Lagoom P64, I was wondering if it really was worth it because the (DF64) can also be upgraded by the very same blades and have a very similar design. Sure it is made in china and doesn't have the variable RPM which over 80% of people is never gonna use... but hey it's like 700$CAD instead of 2100$CAD!!! That's 3x less and I highly doubt that there's such a quality/performance difference between the two to justify the extra price tag.

Otherwise there's the brand new (Eureka Oro), their first single doser that's out in late November 2021 with 65mm "diamond coated blabla" blades but doesn't seem like it can be upgraded to SSP. It's gonna be 900$CAD with pre-orders but I can't find any review at all about it anywhere so I'm skeptical.