La Marzocco GS/3 vs. Slayer

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Redphu

#1: Post by Redphu »

Hello everyone. I'm looking to upgrade from my Breville Oracle to either a GS3 or Slayer. Would the vibrating pump in the Slayer take it out of the running; the vendor suggested that because of the vibrating pump, the Slayer is an inferior machine. My impression( and please correct me if I'm way off, just a novice) is that the vibrating pump allows for a longer pull/dwell at a lower flow rate which would be well suited for the single origin lighter roasts.

spressomon

#2: Post by spressomon »

Slayer utilizes a gear driven pump.
No Espresso = Depresso

russel

#3: Post by russel »

Redphu wrote:the vendor suggested that because of the vibrating pump, the Slayer is an inferior machine.
Either you misheard, mistyped, misunderstood, or you need to find a different vendor.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

Redphu (original poster)

#4: Post by Redphu (original poster) »

Russell,

Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate further please. Do you have first hand experience. Thanks.

Richard

#5: Post by Richard replying to Redphu »

Like the prior post states, Slayer does not use a vibrating pump.
-- Richard

EricC
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by EricC »

Search is your friend ........

Single Group Slayer Review

Bob_M

#7: Post by Bob_M »

Redphu wrote:Russell,

Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate further please. Do you have first hand experience. Thanks.
I have firsthand experience with a Slayer and I can tell you it does not have a vibratory pump. It has a gear pump. But one does not need firsthand experience to know that. On this forum it's common knowledge. But if u want to know about those 2 machines there are review articles here on HB for both. If I were you I'd read both of them first then come back and ask questions

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#8: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I can't compare because I don't have a GS3. I do know there are people here who have modified their GS3's to make Slayer like shots. I can confirm that you have lots of options with the Slayer. Haven't yet begun to figure it all out after a few months. So search around the threads here and you will find those and get insight into how and why and that may help you decide.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart