La Marzocco GS3 MP or Rocket R Nine One - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Beewee

#21: Post by Beewee »

Interesting video.

I'm a tech guy and I like gadgets but the tiny screen, poor UI design, and ugly iPhone 3G era icons makes me shudder. Functionality wise, it ticks a lot of boxes but I feel like it's let down by a really bad digital user interface. Also, the fact that nearly every features requires you to interact with the tiny screen makes the UI deficiencies even more apparent. If I were to drop that much money on a machine, it better not only function well but also look great. Seeing that video makes me lean more towards a GS3 MP if I want this level of control.

lsegeorge (original poster)

#22: Post by lsegeorge (original poster) »

Couldn't agree more! The last thing you want to be dealing with is touch screen responsiveness issues because of dirty (coffee grounds) or wet hands.

Advertisement
erik82

#23: Post by erik82 »

Be prepared to have some troubles with the Rocket as you'll get all the bugs a new machine has. The dutch demo model at the distributor just broke down as all the electronics went dead. In 2 years they'll sell the V2 and you've got the V1 with all the bugs. The GS3 had problems in the beginning but is now a very stable and solid machine. Something to take into account when making your decision.

#24: Post by lsegeorge (original poster) »

jgirl125

#25: Post by jgirl125 »

Bella Barista UK also has a video.

The video reviews from the various suppliers are pretty informative and it seems like a nice machine. As mentioned in allot of the comments quality of the electronics and supporting mechanicals is hard to judge at this point. It does come with a 2 year warranty. Eventually, WLL will probably do a video of the internals and controls which may help with making a decision purchase. When I bought my GS/3 MP (new valve) I was seriously considering the Rocket V60. Until I learned about how they were managing pressure with the odd stepper valve, and I"m glad to hear they are using a gear pump for that function in the R91.

oralia80

#26: Post by oralia80 »

Is that a black portafilter basket? Where might one find such a thing?
"new grinder? Tell me more..."

#27: Post by lsegeorge (original poster) »

and the Seattle Coffee Gear review
and my favorite youtube comments to date :D

- I'm trying to decide between buying one of these or a Toyota.
- BRB just going to sell off my great grandmother before i can afford to purchase one of these exquisite machines
- Great review as always! But touchscreen to get hot water? You kids need to get off my lawn.
- the touch screen makes this machine a no go.

Advertisement
ShelbiRyan

#28: Post by ShelbiRyan »

I'm currently looking at purchasing the R Nine One, can anyone provide any links with regards to the dissatisfaction with the internal layout of this machine that was previously mentioned?

Purchasing a newly released machine is always a risk....I guess I would just hope Rocket would stand behind their product. The R Nine One seems to have a lot of great features. It does have 2 years of warranty as well.

#29: Post by lsegeorge (original poster) replying to ShelbiRyan »

I believe the discussion was here
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/rock ... st-1565401

If you browse through the posts I am pretty sure you will find it!