Knock Aergrind vs Feldgrind or Feld2 grinder capacity

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
rynogee

#1: Post by rynogee »

Just wondering if any knock grinder users can provide some real data on the hopper capacity of the aergrind, vs feldgrind or feld2

I've seen the prima coffee site info which gives some estimates, but they are pretty wide. Knock don't say on their site and not responding to email questions. I also looked at the dimensions of the aegrind, and it's the same width but quite a bit taller than the porlex mini I'm getting rid of, but I assume the internal volume might be quite a bit less given burr size and other parts.

I want to buy one of the grinders for travel purposes, but typically brew for 2 people at once, hence ideally want at least 35g capacity (so I don't have to top up and grind twice). I typically grind medium roasts.

Assuming the feldgrind really isn't ok for this purpose, does anyone want to sell a later version feldgrind to me?

jbviau
Supporter ★

#2: Post by jbviau »

rynogee wrote:I want to buy one of the grinders for travel purposes, but typically brew for 2 people at once, hence ideally want at least 35g capacity (so I don't have to top up and grind twice).
Well, that rules out the Aergrind. My memory is that this is more or less the top end of either Feldgrind's capacity. I can measure again using a medium roast in my Feld later tonight, but you might want to think about an OE Lido.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Advertisement
bobpaule

#3: Post by bobpaule »

I am tired of stale vacations, so I am converting my Italian made Illy iperEspresso 3.2 to steel reusable capsules for that Yemen Mokha Matari I am so addicted to.

I received the Aergrind today and approx. dialed it as shown here:

I ground 14g "forever" (the top container looks like may take up to 20g) then pulled a shot from my PV Lusso and it was a bit too long but not bad at all, I had to loosen the burrs a bit by two steps, next shot even closer to my favorite.

Amazing, just amazing that a little "pepper mill" is able to do this. Very happy customer.

==================================================================================

RE: capacity concerns. Let me ask you this, would you rather grind twice or carry another 10lb in the bags already filled to the brim with your wife's shoes? :) Besides, you are on vacation anyway.
Never get between a man and his ristretto, ever!