Kafatek suddenly available for pre-order

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
retireddude

#1: Post by retireddude »

Last night I headed over to Kafatek's site to re-read the details of the MC5 and see if any information was available about the next pre-order window. To my surprise, one MC5 was available for pre-order. I quickly put it in the cart and ordered it immediately. A flat max is still available for pre-order as I write this.

Just curious, does this happen from time to time, if someone backs out on an order? I have no idea why those pre-orders were mysteriously available.

Auctor
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Auctor »

Denis announced limited pre-order availability a couple of months ago (Oct. 17th). It was a quiet announcement. His words:
So we decided to offer some grinders in rolling orders manner so something is available all the time in the store for people that can wait. I think it might lead to more pleasant customer experience.

Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

Just this week I installed the Shurikone burrs in my Kafatek MC3 which will be in all future deliveries of his conical grinders. They are a big (dare I say huge) improvement over the Mazzer Robur burrs he use to use.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
* 22nd Anniversary 2000-2022 *

retireddude (original poster)

#4: Post by retireddude (original poster) replying to Randy G. »

That's good to hear, and seems to be the consensus view among people who have switched.

retireddude (original poster)

#5: Post by retireddude (original poster) »

Auctor wrote:Denis announced limited pre-order availability a couple of months ago (Oct. 17th). It was a quiet announcement. His words:
Thanks, that answers my question. I noticed that another MC5 became available for pre-order a day after I ordered the last one.

Randy G.

#6: Post by Randy G. »

retireddude wrote:That's good to hear, and seems to be the consensus view among people who have switched.
I added a chapter to my blog about them. The tldr; With no other change than the burrs, and I had been using the same coffee for I had been pulling for about six or seven days, after dialing in the grind, after first a choke, and then a gusher which may have been a Guinness Book of Records mess, for the third shot I immediately sensed a richer, smoother flavor and more body.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
* 22nd Anniversary 2000-2022 *