Izzo Alex or La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
AmishMenno

#11: Post by AmishMenno »

Not sure how to get the quotes in here correctly anymore?

If you do mostly Espresso shots and Americanos, the Quickmill Alexia might be a consideration. Call Chris Coffee and discuss that one if you are interested. Otherwise, good luck! Smile

I will want to plumb in if possible, tired of carrying water everytime. I make cappuccinos mostly, but after reading the latest on healthy eating, I may decide to cut all dairy products from my diet. Anything with a face or a mother. So, may have to learn to enjoy espresso lonely. It would be nice to be able to go visit the products in person before buying. It is a little strange that the dealers of espresso equipment do not come after us potential customers with all the passion to sell us.

ByronA

#12: Post by ByronA »

Have you looked at this? New double boiler Vibiemme pourover with vibe pump. She looks like a beauty!

http://www.espressobar.dk/index.php?opt ... mitstart=0

Byron

It is shipping in Europe right now, can't be too far from our shores...I hope.

lparsons21

#13: Post by lparsons21 »

AmishMenno wrote:Not sure how to get the quotes in here correctly anymore?

If you do mostly Espresso shots and Americanos, the Quickmill Alexia might be a consideration. Call Chris Coffee and discuss that one if you are interested. Otherwise, good luck! Smile

I will want to plumb in if possible, tired of carrying water everytime. I make cappuccinos mostly, but after reading the latest on healthy eating, I may decide to cut all dairy products from my diet. Anything with a face or a mother. So, may have to learn to enjoy espresso lonely. It would be nice to be able to go visit the products in person before buying. It is a little strange that the dealers of espresso equipment do not come after us potential customers with all the passion to sell us.
To use quote, just click the 'quote' button, then you can delete the parts inside of the quoted text. Just don't delete the part that say
somebody wrote: or
Plumb in limits your model selections, and for some of the pourovers that have a plumb in kit, well the price then becomes equal to or greater than the Alex...

As to all those guidelines to healthy eating, well I take most of it with a grain of salt. I'm old enough to remember when they announced that eating cranberries would increase your chances of some sort of cancer, only to be followed quite a bit later with the fact that you had to eat about 2 boxcars full of cranberries a year for a lot of years to increase the chance about 1%. There have been and are many guidelines that have come out over the years for those that like to have fun with food.

For me, I eat what I like eating without regard to all the hogwash out there. I'm in pretty good health and had stayed 'hospital free' from 1962 to about 2004. My streak only broken by a plugged up vein/artery or some such. A quickie stent and later another quickie stent to fix the first one, and I'm back to walking 18 holes almost everyday that the weather allows. I don't drink by choice, but I do smoke (also by choice, in this case a poor one).
Lloyd

Bex

#14: Post by Bex »

AmishMenno wrote:Not sure how to get the quotes in here correctly anymore?
The quote button is an easy helper. Like this:
Tommy: Cows have only been domesticated in the last 10,000 years. Before, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to any dairy products yet.
Turkish: .....Tommy, what have you been reading?