Isomac Zaffiro vs. Vibiemme Domobar

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Fio

#1: Post by Fio »

Hi all, I'm suffering over the choice between Isomac Zaffiro and Vibiemme Domobar (no HX)

I think I'm espresso purist (maybe maniac :wink: ), so steaming isn't such important thing for me (max. 2 cappuccino per day for my wife). These machines are very similar (nearly identical), both E61 single boiler, both pretty nice. I really don't know which one is the right for me. I need some advise from someone with experiences, who can tell me which machine or which brand is simply better...
Planned grinder is Demoka 207 or Macap MC4 stepless (if I'll break my wife 8) )

Thanks for any advice!
Thanks for your patience with my poor english :wink:

Sonne

#2: Post by Sonne »

The Zaffiro, VBM Domobar (non HX) and Quickmill Alexia are very comparable in terms of the result they deliver - which are excellent!
The Domobar might have slightly thinner quality steel plate for the front but all internals are fine. I owned a Domobar 2 years ago and was very satisfied with it.

Fio (original poster)

#3: Post by Fio (original poster) »

Yeah, I've heard something about twisting of front steel plate too, but it's difficult to imagine how much it's critical...
Concerning Zaffiro I'm little bit scared of thermostat failure although this problem could be solved in these days!? Alexia is more expensive...

cannonfodder
Team HB

#4: Post by cannonfodder »

They are all good machines and similar in build. For straight espresso I would toss a PID on the machine. I would be more concerned with service in your area.
Dave Stephens

Fio (original poster)

#5: Post by Fio (original poster) »

You are right, service possibility is important and it could finally decide my problem. I thing it speaks the best for VBM in my home area (theoretically). I should verify it before. :!:

PID...I agree. It could be step two in the future...

Marshall

#6: Post by Marshall »

These machines are built from bins of standard parts. The main differences are cosmetic. I have used and enjoyed my Zaffiro for five years, but found the vapor bulb thermostats unreliable. I went through three of them before converting to PID. With PID this machine will match the straight espresso quality of commercial machines costing several times as much. Buy from a dealer who stands behind his/her products.
Marshall
Los Angeles