Information on Crem One 2b? - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
TMNTony

#41: Post by TMNTony »

crazyascarl wrote: I just got off a chat with them...

"It is because every other Crem machine has the plumb line feed directly into the pump but the profiler plumbs in and feeds into the water reservoir. For this reason we are only recommending for customers to use it with the reservoir and we have reached out to Crem and they are going to be changing that on their site as well."

Apparently they are concerned that if something fails with the solenoid valve there could be extensive flooding and damage to the machine/room.

The rep I was talking with couldn't give a rationale for why Crem made this change for this model, but was going to pass my inquiry onto somebody else who should be getting back to me at some point.
So it sounds like it can be plumbed but they don't recommend it?

Capuchin Monk

#42: Post by Capuchin Monk »

If not, maybe a float valve and some 1/2" tubes can make it "plumb-able".

Capuchin Monk

#43: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Looks like the plumb-in port is built-in. These video images show
From Crem One 2B R-LFPP review site (7:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2qyTqX9jI
From WLL video (3:12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHs5axbG-0M

stiksandstones

#44: Post by stiksandstones »

First generation, new electrical tech, made in china but going back to Spanish manufacturing soon (read on another forum)...this machine looks really good, but a bit nervous to commit.

crazyascarl

#45: Post by crazyascarl replying to stiksandstones »

Yeah... on the plus side it's not some company new to the industry. Welbilt (the parent company) has a lot of experience in different types of food service equipment
https://www.welbilt.com/Our-Brands
including Expobar which made well built espresso machines for decades.

Also, assuming you're state-side, WLL is offering a 3 year warranty which offers a little peace of mind.

stiksandstones

#46: Post by stiksandstones »

Just bought ECM synch. Really got excited about the CREM, but i've been burned so many times on early adopter tech. Ah well, I will stay tuned to future of this machine, looks great style wise and the features look awesome.

Capuchin Monk

#47: Post by Capuchin Monk »

I noticed that Vesuvius machine has plumb-in option but it fills the water reservoir.
From WLL (3:06) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2aG_gVll5g
Crem One LFPP could have done the same but somehow it didn't. :(

harleyujoe

#48: Post by harleyujoe »

My thought on filling Crem or any other machine I purchase is to buy the WLL whole water filtration system BWT Bestmax they sell
and having a old time spigot or hand held flex hose like at a bar to fill any espresso machine..

This helps in the water is filtered that goes in and not having to carry tank to fill..

Just something to think about..

Surprised that we have not seen someone post on ownership of Crem Machines ??

harleyujoe

#49: Post by harleyujoe »

Has anyone from this forum bought or used a Crem Machine ??

Especially Profiler Model..

How good is espresso from these machines ???

And wondering with this Crem Profiler how good the espresso vs Decent models??

PeetsFan

#50: Post by PeetsFan »

crazyascarl wrote:So I just signed onto WLL and was surprised to read/hear that Crem One Profiler (LFPP) is reservoir only for the American market.

To the best of my knowledge, it seems like all the Crme One "lower tier" (HX, DB vibe pump and the DB rotary, non-profiling) models are plumbable... I really don't understand the decision to make the "top of the line" model not.

I was heavily leaning towards that machine as I thought it checked all the boxes I was looking for
Smallish-footprint
DB
Rotary Pump
Flow profiling
Plumbable

Now it looks like it's back to the drawing board... figure out if profiling and/or plumbability is that important to me.
Time to take another look at the Bianca and/or VBM (not interested in the Decent).
I just went through this and bought a Bezzera Duo MN. It's hundreds less. While it doesn't have profiling, it has an E61 head, so a profiling valve can be added. Bezzera doesn't make one, but I believe E61 is a standard.

It does have all the other features, and a wake up/standby timer. I like mine very much.