Information on Crem One 2b? - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Capuchin Monk

#31: Post by Capuchin Monk »

crazyascarl wrote:wondering if there was a huge demand and/or limited supply.
Likely both. :lol:

pcivic

#32: Post by pcivic »

Hopefuly somebody gets here gets hands on experience soon! :D I think ist a nice leap forward for Expobar (Crem).

crazyascarl

#33: Post by crazyascarl »

So I just signed onto WLL and was surprised to read/hear that Crem One Profiler (LFPP) is reservoir only for the American market.

To the best of my knowledge, it seems like all the Crme One "lower tier" (HX, DB vibe pump and the DB rotary, non-profiling) models are plumbable... I really don't understand the decision to make the "top of the line" model not.

I was heavily leaning towards that machine as I thought it checked all the boxes I was looking for
Smallish-footprint
DB
Rotary Pump
Flow profiling
Plumbable

Now it looks like it's back to the drawing board... figure out if profiling and/or plumbability is that important to me.
Time to take another look at the Bianca and/or VBM (not interested in the Decent).

Capuchin Monk

#34: Post by Capuchin Monk »

crazyascarl wrote:So I just signed onto WLL and was surprised to read/hear that Crem One Profiler (LFPP) is reservoir only for the American market.
I'm wondering about this as well because Crem's brochure shows water tank and mains connection (page 10 https://www1.creminternational.com/wp-c ... ure-EN.pdf).

lancealot

#35: Post by lancealot »

Hmm, that choice doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I'm kinda wondering if WLL made a mistake here. Have you followed up with them?

harleyujoe

#36: Post by harleyujoe »

I think because of the internal electric pump pressure on first design they decide to not use plumbed in water line..
And hopefully enough people say something they may change their mind on this design

crazyascarl

#37: Post by crazyascarl »

lancealot wrote:Hmm, that choice doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I'm kinda wondering if WLL made a mistake here. Have you followed up with them?

I just got off a chat with them...

"It is because every other Crem machine has the plumb line feed directly into the pump but the profiler plumbs in and feeds into the water reservoir. For this reason we are only recommending for customers to use it with the reservoir and we have reached out to Crem and they are going to be changing that on their site as well."

Apparently they are concerned that if something fails with the solenoid valve there could be extensive flooding and damage to the machine/room.

The rep I was talking with couldn't give a rationale for why Crem made this change for this model, but was going to pass my inquiry onto somebody else who should be getting back to me at some point.

Capuchin Monk

#38: Post by Capuchin Monk »

My idea for compensating this is to get a water level regulator plumbed-in for the water tank so that it fills up automatically. If not, maybe getting 2B R-GSP (one model below) and install a E61 flow control device. :?:

lancealot

#39: Post by lancealot »

Nice work Crazyas!

crazyascarl

#40: Post by crazyascarl »

Capuchin Monk wrote:My idea for compensating this is to get a water level regulator plumbed-in for the water tank so that it fills up automatically. If not, maybe getting 2B R-GSP (one model below) and install a E61 flow control device. :?:
Installing a flow control device could be a work around-- but one of the thing that appealed to me about this model was how they did their profiling-- by volume, and how profiles could almost make it an automatic machine... installing an flow control device on the group head would lose that unique functionality-- resulting in all manual profiling (lack of repetition) and basically make it like the Bianca or ECM Sync/Pro700.

It's an interesting choice... I'm guessing (purely speculative) that since it does it's profiling by volume, they needed some sort of in-line water volume measuring device. I'm wondering if they put this device inline after the reservoir, so even when plumbed, it needs to go through the reservoir to pass through this device in order to do this type of profiling.