Information on Crem One 2b? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
learntheharvway

#21: Post by learntheharvway »

crazyascarl wrote:This is the INFUSER (what Crem has named ONE 2B R-GSP Dual). WLL still has to officially release the PROFILER (ONE 2B R-LFPP Dual) which will come out in the coming weeks.

My understanding is the PROFILER is the one that has a pressure/flow control

Example of this in action:
video

For more of an explanation as to how it works:
video

Crazy,

You are right about that. I'm getting them all mixed up since there's like 10 different models of that machine. Soon we will get a Baby Yoda version.

jgood

#22: Post by jgood »

Generally the first adopters of new technology get the headaches -- for a first machine I would get something that's proven. Unless you are into light roasts I think the whole profiling thing is over hyped a bit.

crazyascarl

#23: Post by crazyascarl »

learntheharvway wrote: Crazy,

You are right about that. I'm getting them all mixed up since there's like 10 different models of that machine. Soon we will get a Baby Yoda version.
It's my understanding there are 4 with the main features
1B (HX PID)- Heat Exchanger with vibration pump
2B (aka Duo-V) Dual Boiler with vibration pump
2B- GSP (aka infuser) Dual boiler with rotary pump
2B- LFPP (aka profiler) Dual boiler with rotary pump and the pressure profiling.
jgood wrote: Generally the first adopters of new technology get the headaches -- for a first machine I would get something that's proven. Unless you are into light roasts I think the whole profiling thing is over hyped a bit.
I tend to agree.. however Expobar has plenty of experience with espresso machines. Lelit, an arguably smaller company, seemed to have pulled off the pressure profiling with the Bianca (which is the other machine at the top of my list)... and given how much people love their Decent machines, it seems like Tech seems to be the wave of the future.

crazyascarl

#24: Post by crazyascarl »

FYI- Whole Latte Love just posted the Profiler (LFPP). Price is $2900 which is exactly on point with the Lelit Bianca through 1st Line/Clive.

I'm guessing their info video will be coming out in the next few days.

Personally I was kind of hoping there would be a difference in their prices... feel like this makes the decision harder!!

Jeff
Team HB

#25: Post by Jeff »

At least from the photos, I don't see a pressure gauge in the group head. There's often a significant pressure drop from the pump to the basket, especially as there is usually an intentional restrictor in the E61 mushroom. The pressure drop across a small restriction varies greatly with flow, so it probably isn't that you can just subtract some constant from the gauge in the front panel, if that's the only one preset.

I'd hold off until someone other than a reseller or financially interested party describes just how what looks to be a needle valve on the side of the machine and a conventional pressure gauge works to manage extraction as well as something like a Bianca does. They may have something revolutionary there, but ...

Found something meaningful at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpres ... em-one-2b/ It's a year and a half old, but seems to describe the build of the machine and its concept of operation reasonably well.

harleyujoe

#26: Post by harleyujoe »

I am leaning more to the Crem Profiler as my first double boiler..
Having found a coffee bean that suits my taste after 6 yrs of owning the Jura Z5 I can get away
with the machine another year .
I am looking more for I wonder how much longer the Jura will run with listening to all those solenoids
clicking and movements taking place inside the machine..
The machine stopped doing Cappuccino mode last year so have to manually do it which really is
not a big deal but allowed more adjustments for taste ..

I was really thinking Decent Pro but if I own a Decent it would have to be white and not going to pay 4500 for XL
when I really only want to spend that for machine and grinder for the little time I really use my machine
for 5 months out of year usage..

So will give Crem time to be tested over rest of this year and see what others think .
So maybe Nov. could have new Espresso in time for holidays...

I really like reading all of the comments here at Home Barista and the time some of you put into
your answers and patience of some of our questions..thank You

lessthanjoey

#27: Post by lessthanjoey »

harleyujoe wrote:I am leaning more to the Crem Profiler as my first double boiler..
Having found a coffee bean that suits my taste after 6 yrs of owning the Jura Z5 I can get away
with the machine another year .
I am looking more for I wonder how much longer the Jura will run with listening to all those solenoids
clicking and movements taking place inside the machine..
The machine stopped doing Cappuccino mode last year so have to manually do it which really is
not a big deal but allowed more adjustments for taste ..

I was really thinking Decent Pro but if I own a Decent it would have to be white and not going to pay 4500 for XL
when I really only want to spend that for machine and grinder for the little time I really use my machine
for 5 months out of year usage..

So will give Crem time to be tested over rest of this year and see what others think .
So maybe Nov. could have new Espresso in time for holidays...

I really like reading all of the comments here at Home Barista and the time some of you put into
your answers and patience of some of our questions..thank You
Not pushing you in any way, but if you do want a white DE1PRO, you can wrap it, or have it painted. There are wrap templates available. Some of the parts like the grouphead controller already have white versions available you could buy if you like. So - this is totally solvable if you're willing to do some more work / pay someone for some more work. It's still going to cost more though so it's your call whether that makes it make sense or not.

harleyujoe

#28: Post by harleyujoe replying to lessthanjoey »

Thank You

I do paint vehicles and know I could paint it and thought if I get the Niche Zero I would paint the Decent the same color as Niche..

I am still on the fence and want to see how the Crem Profiler over time reviews are..

I would like to have a dual boiler but for repeating taste of espresso probably know the Decent would
offer more repeatability than the Crem or ECM Synch ...

lancealot

#29: Post by lancealot »

This is a pretty interesting machine. Nice to see the Expobars get a facelift and some contemporary features. I enjoyed reading Dave's write up on the profiler. I am excited to see how people get on with the volumetric profiling once more of these get in the wild. I do wish they put that profiler tech in a more contemporary group design.

crazyascarl

#30: Post by crazyascarl »

crazyascarl wrote:FYI- Whole Latte Love just posted the Profiler (LFPP). Price is $2900 which is exactly on point with the Lelit Bianca through 1st Line/Clive.

I'm guessing their info video will be coming out in the next few days.

Personally I was kind of hoping there would be a difference in their prices... feel like this makes the decision harder!!
and.... sold out within the week... wondering if there was a huge demand and/or limited supply.