If you had to start over with espresso and buy an entire setup with a budget of $5000, what would you buy? - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
nsuster

#41: Post by nsuster »

fiechtl5 wrote:Levers are certainly tall! If space is a concern, rumor has it (and has had it for the past 2 years...) that the londinium compact spring lever will be released before the end of the year. Not sure if that would be in my 5k game plan though.

I find that a grab pitchers from the top and bypass the handle. The WPM allows me to hold closer to the spout. No clue if it helps, but it feels better to me than holding a handle. That being said, I also like the small motta for cortados.
Here's the latest info. on the Londinium Compact (not to be confused with the Compressa):

The LC will be ready to show at Xmas (development complete) but not available to purchase until April 2021. It's a spring lever, dipper, direct fill.

mathof

#42: Post by mathof »

fiechtl5 wrote:Levers are certainly tall! If space is a concern, rumor has it (and has had it for the past 2 years...) that the londinium compact spring lever will be released before the end of the year. Not sure if that would be in my 5k game plan though.
Reiss has recently confirmed that he intends to price the machine at under £1,000 (which I presume means £999).

Advertisement
yoshi005

#43: Post by yoshi005 »

A Bezzera Strega is not that large. And pretty cheap.
LMWDP #453

Carter (original poster)

#44: Post by Carter (original poster) replying to yoshi005 »

For sure, I checked it out but I'm not in love with it aesthetically

Oskuk

#45: Post by Oskuk »

Used Marzocco Linea MP =with paddle and Eureka Olympus.
Just kidding, Bosco and Eureka.