I'm planning on buying the Lelit Bianca PL162, are there any better options for my needs and budget? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
boren

#11: Post by boren »

Looking at the price in Norway I think you can probably pay less ordering from abroad, though I'm not sure about the import tax situation.

For example, the site 30.coffee (based in Poland) sells the Bianca V3 (including the black color version) for 2100 Euro, with free shipment. I haven't personally bought from them, but I know people who did and had a positive experience.

Hubro (original poster)

#12: Post by Hubro (original poster) »

Plinyyounger wrote:You mentioned Bianca and Decent. Both are great machines, as well as the ECM and Profitec versions. But based on your career path and tinkering love, go straight to the Decent. Besides you being a software engineer you can actually participate in making the machine better while making awesome coffee.
It's extremely tempting, but the cheapest Decent model costs almost exactly 4000 EUR including taxes, import fees and shipping to Norway, which is almost double that of the Lelit Bianca. I can technically afford it, but it would be a *very big* investment for me. Espresso-brewing would have to be a major hobby, not a prospective hobby. It's definitely a path I can see myself going down the next couple of years though. Hopefully the Bianca maintains its value relatively well :)

Hubro (original poster)

#13: Post by Hubro (original poster) »

boren wrote:Looking at the price in Norway I think you can probably pay less ordering from abroad, though I'm not sure about the import tax situation.

For example, the site 30.coffee (based in Poland) sells the Bianca V3 (including the black color version) for 2100 Euro, with free shipment. I haven't personally bought from them, but I know people who did and had a positive experience.
Norway has a *very* hefty import tax of 25%. It would have to be a *lot* cheaper abroad to outweigh that. Currently the only Norwegian distributor is selling the Bianca for 22 990 NOK (~2 244 EUR): https://kaffemesteren.no/privat/lelit-b ... essomaskin

The 2 100 EUR Bianca from 30.coffee would cost a little over 2 600 EUR after import taxes :(

boren

#14: Post by boren »

Apparently 30.coffee has the regular color version for 1600 Euro, but it's not clear if it's the V2 or V3. Probably worth checking, even with that high import tax.