How's the milk steaming power of the Lelit Bianca?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
epictek

#1: Post by epictek »

It says for the specs that it has a 1.5L steam boiler. Curious how it holds up during steaming for larger pitchers, and also how quickly it recovers.

I'm planning on practicing latte art with it, so I'd be making a lot of back to back drinks.

Wondering if a 1.5L steam boiler is adequate, or if I should opt for a dual boiler machine that has a 2L steam boiler like Profitec 700.

I used to own a Rancilio Silvia and Quickmill Andrea, and it would lose noticeable steam power halfway through steaming for lattes. Thanks.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

I would suggest that if you can stretch the budget go for the DB machine straight off.

Better to 'regret' that you bought it than regret that you didn't!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
symbology

#3: Post by symbology »

I don't think you will have issues with steaming milk on the Bianca with its dedicated steam boiler. You can always raise the temp on the steam boiler if you want a little more power.

slybarman

#4: Post by slybarman »

Steams just fine. Finishes a pitcher quickly and I've never run out of steaming power.

epictek (original poster)

#5: Post by epictek (original poster) »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:I would suggest that if you can stretch the budget go for the DB machine straight off.

Better to 'regret' that you bought it than regret that you didn't!
The Bianca is a dual boiler, too, but the steam boiler is 1.5L, whereas the Profitec 700 is 2L.

Profitec 700 also has commercial steaming power, according to Whole Latte Love. They said the ECM Synchronika and Profitec 700 steam the same as a GS3, according to their tests.

Profitec 700 steam temp is 172C, and it steams at 2 bars of pressure.

Lelit Bianca steam temp is 166C, and I've read it steams at 1.45 bars, although I also read somewhere else that you can sorta hack it and get 1.75 bars out of it. I'm not that technically inclined or the troubleshooting type, so I'd rather get something that's ready to go straight out of the box.

Cost is similar. Bianca is $2,800. Profitec 700 is $2,900.

#6: Post by epictek (original poster) »

symbology wrote:I don't think you will have issues with steaming milk on the Bianca with its dedicated steam boiler. You can always raise the temp on the steam boiler if you want a little more power.
I think 166 is the max steam temp, whereas Profitec 700 is 172.

I wish I can actually demo these machines locally, gah... I use really wet milk for latte art, so I need the milk to be uniform. I found that my previous machines could not get uniform consistency, because the steam power would drastically diminish halfway through the steaming, which prevented me from optimally incorporating the milk (like I've done on commercial machines).

Mrboots2u

#7: Post by Mrboots2u »

:D
epictek wrote:The Bianca is a dual boiler, too, but the steam boiler is 1.5L, whereas the Profitec 700 is 2L.

Profitec 700 also has commercial steaming power, according to Whole Latte Love. They said the ECM Synchronika and Profitec 700 steam the same as a GS3, according to their tests.

Profitec 700 steam temp is 172C, and it steams at 2 bars of pressure.

Lelit Bianca steam temp is 166C, and I've read it steams at 1.45 bars, although I also read somewhere else that you can sorta hack it and get 1.75 bars out of it. I'm not that technically inclined or the troubleshooting type, so I'd rather get something that's ready to go straight out of the box.

Cost is similar. Bianca is $2,800. Profitec 700 is $2,900.
Cost is similar but they are quite different machines in terms of actually how they adjust variables to make espresso . Unless you want to add a flow kit to the profitec, then the price changes.
I'd be buying a Bianca to get flow profiling out the box .

Advertisement

#8: Post by epictek (original poster) »

Mrboots2u wrote::D
Cost is similar but they are quite different machines in terms of actually how they adjust variables to make espresso . Unless you want to add a flow kit to the profitec, then the price changes.
I'd be buying a Bianca to get flow profiling out the box .
The $2,900 Profitec 700 comes with flow profiling pre-installed if you order from Whole Latte Love. If you don't want flow profiling pre-installed, it costs $2,700.

So basically the same machines from what I can tell. I like the aesthetics of the Lelit more, due to paddle + wooden accents over plastic. Also, the modular reservoir is out-of-the-box thinking, literally and figuratively. I also like that it gives you a bottomless portafilter, along with the standard double spout. I never understand why companies give you a single spout; it's utterly idiotic and useless.

The advantage of Profitec 700 is that it has the superior steam boiler - 2 Liters. Bianca is only 1.5 Liter. Profitec 700's max steam temp is 172, whereas Bianca is 166. Profitec steams at 2 bars, which is commercial steam pressure, equal to the La Marzocco GS3. Lelit steams at about 1.5 bars. Overall, the Profitec weighs around 10 lbs more, so it seems like it's beefier overall. 1 Liter drip tray is nice. Lelit doesn't reveal drip tray size.

slybarman

#9: Post by slybarman »

The new LCC for the Bianca ups max temp of the steam boiler by 5 degrees. I'm not sure if those are in dealer inventory yet or not.

Bluenoser

#10: Post by Bluenoser »

epictek wrote: I also like that it gives you a bottomless portafilter, along with the standard double spout. I never understand why companies give you a single spout; it's utterly idiotic and useless.
+1 .. Lelit seems to have a better handle on what users want/need. Although one could consider the Profitec 600 which has 2Bar steam, I might be concerned using this flow mod on vibe pumps that are only rated to be on 1 minute at a time. The rotary pumps in the 700 are Bianca are what you'd want.