How do you serve your espresso? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
salcangeloso

#11: Post by salcangeloso »

I like the clear Bodum double wall espresso cups. They really let you see the separation between the espresso and the creme, which is an important part of the presentation. The coloring isn't as nice as a cup with a white interior (which provides the best contrast for the coffee), but it's worth it for me.
HG One / '85 Cremina / Thor 49mm tamper

aecletec

#12: Post by aecletec »

CoffeeBar wrote:LOL, This is hilarious.
Hehe thanks.
As I am forced to use a cup, I like these.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

I like my Inker Ischia yellow demitasses for serving espresso shots. A Duralex Prisme Clear Tumbler with sparkling water would be a nice accompanying beverage with an espresso spoon and a cafe near work has a jar of pecans and dried apricots that go well, so maybe this in a small ramekin or brew bell would be nice all on a tray, but I just usually go with just the espresso.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TheJavaCup77

#14: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

Pulled in either a red ACME demitasse, or a 3oz Duralex Provence, or a Libbey Gibraltar glass and then accompanied with water in a 7.75oz Duralex on the side..
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

bluesman

#15: Post by bluesman »

aecletec wrote:My head won't fit, otherwise I would too.
You may be able to invert your drip tray for more clearance. Or you could try the traditional method for enhancing a tight fit - Image

LukeFlynn

#16: Post by LukeFlynn »

When I pull bottomless shots, I pull into a 3oz glass, then transfer to a pre-heated demi and serve with sparkling water. I find the transferring sort of mixes up the espresso, balancing out the shot, and cutting down on a lot of the crema. From spouts I just pull right into the demi.

DanoM

#17: Post by DanoM »

I prefer porcelain cups, at home my 5oz Acme, at the local shop a 3oz tulip shape with a 1oz shot. On the side there is always a glass of water, sometimes sparkling is nice but not necessary. Demitasse spoon on the side.
Cups for this are generally not pre-warmed or not warmed much so that the espresso can cool slowly.
LMWDP #445