High end grinder update time

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Espresso33

#1: Post by Espresso33 »

Hello there. Its time for me to update my mazzer major grinder. Problem is the selection in my country is not good. I would prefer buying from my country as the warranty period is quite good by law. What i can get ahold now quite easily is:

Ceado E37S and single dose version 2k$ and 2.7k$
MAHLKÖNIG e80, e80 supreme, EK 43(s) for like 4.6k$
Mazzer ZM 2.5k$
MAHLKÖNIG E65s 3.2k$

The MAHLKÖNIG is a little bit out of my price range, but can stretch if i must.
I can also import p64 etc, but i will not have that nice warranty and import duties +shipping will probably be quite expensive. Pluss hard to get ahold of.
I dont really have any preference for single dosing or not. I usually make coffee for me and wife. I havent been bothered doing that on the mazzer major.

The Ceado e37s was the one i was originally going for, but i havent read the best things about it. Also im not sure if will be better than my current major?

Curious what your guys thoughts on this are.

Marshall

#2: Post by Marshall »

I've owned a MAHLKÖNIG E65s since it first came on the market and its predecessor model before that. It's a "set it and forget it" machine for us, because its grind, timing and dose are so completely consistent. No static either. I gave up weighing and only give the grinder a thought (except for thanks), when I run some cleaner through it. I couldn't be happier (and I've run through some pretty troublesome grinders before it).

I haven't used the other grinders you listed.
Marshall
Los Angeles
★ Helpful

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by buckersss »

Espresso33 wrote:Hello there. Its time for me to update my mazzer major grinder. Problem is the selection in my country is not good. I would prefer buying from my country as the warranty period is quite good by law. What i can get ahold now quite easily is:

Ceado E37S and single dose version 2k$ and 2.7k$
MAHLKÖNIG e80, e80 supreme, EK 43(s) for like 4.6k$
Mazzer ZM 2.5k$
MAHLKÖNIG E65s 3.2k$

The MAHLKÖNIG is a little bit out of my price range, but can stretch if i must.
I can also import p64 etc, but i will not have that nice warranty and import duties +shipping will probably be quite expensive. Pluss hard to get ahold of.
I dont really have any preference for single dosing or not. I usually make coffee for me and wife. I havent been bothered doing that on the mazzer major.

The Ceado e37s was the one i was originally going for, but i havent read the best things about it. Also im not sure if will be better than my current major?

Curious what your guys thoughts on this are.
Did I read that you can get a Mazzer zm for 2.5k?

Espresso33 (original poster)

#4: Post by Espresso33 (original poster) »

Marshall wrote:I've owned a MAHLKÖNIG E65s since it first came on the market and its predecessor model before that. It's a "set it and forget it" machine for us, because its grind, timing and dose are so completely consistent. No static either. I gave up weighing and only give the grinder a thought (except for thanks), when I run some cleaner through it. I couldn't be happier (and I've run through some pretty troublesome grinders before it).

I haven't used the other grinders you listed.
Only "problem" i see is that its 64mm burrs. But whats your thoughts on that?

#5: Post by Espresso33 (original poster) »

buckersss wrote:Did I read that you can get a Mazzer zm for 2.5k?

Yes, would be that be the best buy?

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by buckersss »

Espresso33 wrote: Yes, would be that be the best buy?
Personally I think so yes. But I haven't used any of those. Just going by what's on paper. And going by what you are saying the prices are for you.

There are also many different burr options for it from what I read.

Marshall

#7: Post by Marshall »

Espresso33 wrote:Only "problem" i see is that its 64mm burrs. But whats your thoughts on that?
The beans don't care what size the burrs are. But they do care how well made they are, and Mahlkonig's reputation is about the best. BTW if you check the archives, at one time it was gospel around here that you couldn't get a really good espresso without conical burrs. That's been put to rest.
Marshall
Los Angeles

#8: Post by Espresso33 (original poster) »

buckersss wrote:Personally I think so yes. But I haven't used any of those. Just going by what's on paper. And going by what you are saying the prices are for you.

There are also many different burr options for it from what I read.

Why is there so little information and talk about the mazzer zm? Is it a good grinder on the same level as the other mentioned. If you get the one with espresso burrs

ira
Team HB

#9: Post by ira »

It seems to be more common in parts of Europe where the price is more reasonable, but in the US, the price is really high so very few people buy them.

MNate

#10: Post by MNate »

Espresso33 wrote: Why is there so little information and talk about the mazzer zm? Is it a good grinder on the same level as the other mentioned. If you get the one with espresso burrs
Probably because we're America-centric and for $2,000+ less by our prices there are a bunch of super fantastic grinders for the home. For my money it's the Niche until you get to one of the difficult-to-obtain grinders by Option-O, Weber, Monolith, etc. I'm also not concerned with warranties for these because it seems like there is either something wrong on arrival (which they'll all assist to get right) or they will run forever.

But I speak for me, not you, other than to say that's why we don't get much discussion on the grinders you listed. Some great commercial brands though on your list and some that many owners on here have bought and never thought about again because they just work.

Let us know what you get though, and how you like it and maybe it will drum up some good interest in it!