Help me decide on espresso machine and grinder, max budget 2000€ - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
buckersss
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by buckersss »

Ypuh wrote:The EtzMAX Light T (for time based) I assume?

I always forget that it's there since my association is with the GBW version, but it would still be an excellent choice. Not sure if I'd pay €1.400 for that since the Atom 75 is very hard to beat at that price point of hopper fed grinders. The GBW feature is expensive (adds another €500) but is what really sets it apart from anything else on the market. Maybe the Anfim Practica is another option (which is a Mahlkonig E65S from the inside but built to a lower pricepoint on the outside).

The Etzmax T model used to be like €1.100? Haven't noticed a price increase recently. You won't find the GBW model below €1.800.
I only polled 1 site to gauge the price and maybe it was inflated.

silverage (original poster)

#12: Post by silverage (original poster) »

Ypuh wrote:Atom 75 and a Mara-X would be fantastic. Rocket Evo R just had a price increase, so a Rocket Evo R + Mignon XL would likely not be possible and not perform any better.

It depends on how much you value aesthetics. The Lelit machines do not appeal to me in the way that Rocket, ECM and Profitec do, so I'd prefer one of those.

Featurewise I believe the Mara-X is praised a bit too much over the others. Your internet rabbithole search will likely end up with similar results.
I checked and don't really like the looks of the Lelit Mara X. I think i will stick with the Profitec Go. The Rocket Evo R is way out of my budget as it costs 2000€ just for the machine alone.

silverage (original poster)

#13: Post by silverage (original poster) »

buckersss wrote:Thinking outside of the box and projecting my interest in the EtzMax, if you allocated 1400 euro to that, could you get away with a la pavoni professional as the machine since you are just 1 person?

This could be an option for the atom 75 digital but I didn't read the vendors terms.

https://www.diecrema.de/en/grinder/eure ... essomuehle

Even though I hate the atom screen, I'm not sure if that's worth the extra 100 euro over the price on ECS. And if it's worth another 200 more than the Olympus.
Etzmax looks nice but it is also out of my budget and i don't think i want to get a cheaper machine.

I checked the diecrema.de website as it was also the first one that showed up for me when i googled the atom 75 digital but i don't trust it. It has bad translations, placeholder telephone numbers on some pages and in general looks really unprofessional. I don't want to risk it. Also, i don't have a problem with the physical buttons version so i am fine without the touchscreen.

Oskuk

#14: Post by Oskuk »

I could easily get the plumbed Strega and Eurekas 65mm Mignon. I'd like the Olympus but is it in make anymore? -and puts the budget over? Anyhow, I always check the shop elektros.it first in Europe.