Help! $1000 budget for espresso machine & grinder - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
mmm (original poster)

#41: Post by mmm (original poster) »

Thanks for all the help!

15 minutes ago, I ordered the Anita and Macap M4 (both new) from Chris' Coffee, along with some accessories such as a bumper tamper, knockbox, steaming pitcher/thermometer, group brush, etc. Shouldn't take too long to get here since I live a state over. Now the "real" fun (or frustration? :lol:) begins. :twisted:

cafeIKE
Supporter ★

#42: Post by cafeIKE »

Macaps tend to arrive with the burrs at ZERO, ie NO coffee will come out. Coarsen the grind about ¼ turn on the upper burr carrier to start.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
CafSuperCharged

#43: Post by CafSuperCharged »

mmm wrote:I ordered the Anita and Macap M4 (both new) from Chris' Coffee, along with some accessories [...] Now the "real" fun [...] begins.
Congratulations - good for you!

Regards
Peter

poison

#44: Post by poison »

Killer setup! Congrats, and enjoy!

mhoy

#45: Post by mhoy »

An excellent choice. Now find a local coffee shop that roasts their own beans, or get some on order to arrive before the machine shows up. If you get local coffee you can sample their espresso/latte/etc. and it will set a bar for you to match (or exceed). I'm sure some of the locals on the forum (local to your location) can make some recommendations.

Then watch some of the various youtube videos on preparation of espresso and milk steaming.

Mark

zin1953

#46: Post by zin1953 »

You have a great setup -- be sure to keep us posted on your adventures . . .
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.