Grinder recommendation for home La Marzocco FB80 - Page 2

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
sambuist

#11: Post by sambuist » Nov 10, 2019, 1:15 pm

Great setup.

I would go for a mazzer mini. It would match your machine nicely

sambuist

#12: Post by sambuist » Nov 10, 2019, 1:17 pm

Cartierusm wrote:P.P.S. I've read good things on here about the Sette 270WI.

So I have one and I would say it is great on the coffee front but the down side is it is loud. While it is grinding you cannot chat. So take that into consideration when buying

LObin

#13: Post by LObin » Nov 10, 2019, 2:40 pm

Cartierusm wrote:BTW, thanks for the help. I signed up for notification when Niche was going to be back in stock in the US and I got that email tonight and ordered one. So hopefully it'll get here quick; they say by Dec. 1.
O.P ordered a Niche Zero guys.

Marshall

#14: Post by Marshall » Nov 10, 2019, 5:58 pm

If you send those photos to LM (especially the table), you might get a nice response.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Cartierusm

#15: Post by Cartierusm » Nov 10, 2019, 6:42 pm

@LObin, thanks.

I have downloaded all the manuals. It just mentions the amps not what circuit size. If it overloads it'll just blow the breaker, but it hasn't yet.

I'll time the warm up speed when I get it back together. After spending days cleaning it and scrubbing the group heads from the bottom I was getting restricted flow on the first group and every time I back flushed 2 and 3 with cleaner I still got coffee water. So I ordered the replacement gaskets and pulled all the groups heads apart. DAM each top cap had some barnacles and the holes were kind of plugged with scale. Other than that the inside of the group heads and the coffee boiler were clean. I put a video scope down the groups heads to look inside the coffee boiler and it was clean.

After cleaning, spending hours and hours, on the group head caps I think they may have brazed some brass fittings into the stainless caps and that's where the barnacles were and the spots where braze got onto the cap. So it may be scale or just galvanic corrosion.

As I said I ordered one. The one you linked to already had 2 owners. I don't mind spending a $100 for a new one.

No, significant other so no worries there. And any woman would have to love me for eccentricities.

I steal power from my neighbors so I'll send you a link to their Next Door account. J/K

@sambuist, I'm going to try out the Niche and see if I find someone with a flat burr and do a side by side to see what my preference is.

@Marshall, I thought about doing that. Good suggestion. Whom do you think I should send it to? The LM is Seattle or just off the US or Intl' website?

LObin

#16: Post by LObin » Nov 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

Cartierusm wrote: I steal power from my neighbors so I'll send you a link to their Next Door account. J/K
When the DEA, solely based on your neighbor's suspiciously high electrical bills, breaks in his place thinking they're about to bust a meth lab... at least, once the dust settles, you'll all (by all I mean the whole special task force, your neighbor and you..) be able to laugh about it while enjoying a sweet espresso!
:lol:

Cartierusm

#17: Post by Cartierusm » Nov 10, 2019, 11:39 pm

This is true!

leonelbego
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by leonelbego » Yesterday, 3:50 am

very nice table!

leonelbego
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by leonelbego » Yesterday, 3:51 am

LObin wrote:
If you have a significant other, you need to start a new topic and share with all of us how you pull this off!
Not even sure I'd be allowed to have this kind of equipment in my garage!! :lol:

hahaha, this made me laugh! :) we all know this problem.