Good grinder to pair with La Marzocco Linea Mini? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
boshk

#11: Post by boshk »

Since you have a Fellow Ode, you could consider using that first as a 'flat burr'
Maybe then upgrade the burrs to SSP OR get DF64
This will give you access to 'flat burr' espresso

Then get a Niche Zero for the Conical burr 'flavour'

Yes, its a lot of money to sink in BUT I doubt you will have problems selling any of them.

OR you can just go for it and get EG-1, P100, Monolith Max, Monolith Conical....

SandraF

#12: Post by SandraF »

I was where you are back in February. After reading this forum, I bought my Eureka Atom 75 along with my Synchronika, and it's a very solid machine.

It's easy to buy, comes in 4 different finishes, is easy to use, is QUIET, and grinds 18g of grounds in 3 seconds.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
hazeleyes (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by hazeleyes (original poster) »

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies, everyone!

After much thought (much much MUCH thought :lol:), I decided to order the Mahlkonig. ETA is anywhere from 4-10 weeks per the dealer. Being a complete beginner, I won't be able to do any sort of review, but I will certainly be glad to post some photos if there's interest.

Frenchman

#14: Post by Frenchman »

Good luck! I came here with a recommendation that is not useful now that you have made your choice. I looked at the Malkhonig... Why does every company want to claim to be the one to do something? Weight-based dosing has been available in some grinders for quite a while. I guess it's "first with the Malkhonig-named Grind-by-Weight tech." Grinding by weight output is cool, I hope the grinder is everything you want and some more!
LMWDP #712