Galileo Electric Portafilter Cleaning Machine Experiences

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thecoffeefield

#1: Post by thecoffeefield »

Anybody here uses this portafilter cleaner? It's very similar to the QuinSpin, which hasn't launched. Any experience from anyone?

Electric Portafilter Cleaning Machine Coffee portafilter Cleaner (Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XK27CGL/

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Wow, actually looks pretty useful and fun.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

lancealot

#3: Post by lancealot »

Cool. I've never heard of such a thing. I subscribed to this topic hoping to hear from someone who has used one.

thecoffeefield (original poster)

#4: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

Yeah honestly for $180 I'm considering buying it and returning to Amazon (return policy is pretty good) if it doesn't work as advertise but otherwise I can see how something like this can be very useful if entertaining

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by baldheadracing »

Looks like a blatant rip-off of the QuinSpin ... amazing that this can get to market before QuinSpin can ship/get their patents :(.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quin ... -cleaner#/
- My espresso: Swirled, not stirred. My pourover: Stirred, not swirled.

#6: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) » replying to baldheadracing »

Yeah Galileo is an established Chinese company and they have other products as well. That could be the reason they were able to produce it quick.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Nunas »

Yup, sure looks like a QuinSpin knockoff for sure. I consider the QuinSpin to be a solution looking for a problem, this one too. I rinse my portafilters in the sink, give them a wipe, and they're clean; it takes mere seconds. About once a week, I take the basket out, give the PFs and the baskets a cleaning with a wet microfiber cloth and if needed (rarely) soak in Cafiza and rinse. What am I missing?

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by baldheadracing »

I think that the QuinSpin is more of a café item than a home item. I was enamored with the concept when the QuinSpin was in development, but in the end I didn't back it because I couldn't think of it making sense in home use.

OTOH, I installed a pitcher rinser (a model meant for home use) a couple years ago and it is undoubtedly totally unnecessary - but I still use it every day :lol:.
- My espresso: Swirled, not stirred. My pourover: Stirred, not swirled.

#9: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

Nunas wrote:Yup, sure looks like a QuinSpin knockoff for sure. I consider the QuinSpin to be a solution looking for a problem, this one too. I rinse my portafilters in the sink, give them a wipe, and they're clean; it takes mere seconds. About once a week, I take the basket out, give the PFs and the baskets a cleaning with a wet microfiber cloth and if needed (rarely) soak in Cafiza and rinse. What am I missing?
Unfortunately not everybody has a sink close to their coffee station and rinsing the portafilter with water from the water spout or grouphead is messy and expensive in the long run if you're like me use TWW water or something similar. Also, if you are entertaining 10 to 20 people on Christmas Eve or thanksgiving going back and forth to the sink is really annoying h

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

I asked if this works with a 54 mm basket. The seller answered that it does.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272