Gaggia Classic or Rancilio Silvia or Nuova Simonelli Oscar?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
kind_sad

#1: Post by kind_sad »

Hi guys

I'm sorry for english

I only drink espresso ------- just espresso

I want to buy an espresso machine but what's between 3 and espresso machine to buy?

Which High espresso machine?

gaggia classic or rancilio silvia or nuova simonelli oscar?

thanks

ash4889

#2: Post by ash4889 »

I like the Oscar best because its a HX machine, had the Silvia and couldn't wait to sell it fast enough.

JMBM

#3: Post by JMBM »

If you are from Europe go with the Oscar II. I have the Musica Lux (110v imported from Europe) which is a fancy version of the Oscar. Overall, the Oscar II looks to be selling for 500-600 euro which is $550-$650 American. It has upgraded internals from the original Oscar and looks nicer. In America, the Oscar is twice that price. I believe if the Oscar or the Oscar II sold for the same price as it does in Europe over here in America, it would be the undisputed beginner machine recommendation. It is very easy to pull acceptable shots if you have a good grinder.

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

I've never used a Gaggia Classic, but I did own both a Silvia and Oscar

I immediately noticed the difference in shot quality when I upgraded to the Oscar, once you build your flush routine.. I believe the Oscar is capable of pulling better shots then the Silvia, even with the PID.

When I had my Oscar, I fitted a La Marzocco steam tip. That thing was one beast of a steamer.. I didn't miss waiting 3-5 minutes for the silvia to come up to steam temp.

IMO: Save yourself the potential hassle and go for the Oscar or other HX/DB.

And... grinder!