Future prices of espresso equipment - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.

Where are the prices of espresso equipment going?

Rising faster than other consumer goods
50%
Same as other consumer goods
17%
Slower than other consumer goods
4%
No idea
27%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 48

Everman

#11: Post by Everman »

Prices will probably outpace CPI due to weakness of the dollar, increasing labor costs, energy costs, raw materials. I'm glad I went with equipment on the high end side because now it's all quite a bit more expensive than what I paid.

Things aren't looking so bad for Canadians though.

cedar

#12: Post by cedar »

Unless you are a Canadian earning a living in the US.

Advertisement
Everman

#13: Post by Everman »

Right, Canadians who's assets are denominated in Canadian Dollars. Many do hold their assets in US dollars.

Jarno

#14: Post by Jarno »

If prices were purely a function of of currency exchange, then we should start seeing price differences between domestic manufacturers and imports in everything, not just coffee equipment. Otherwise, I believe that the generalized inflation that we see is likely due to increased energy prices (oil, gas, electricity, etc) which affects all manufacturers.

CoffeeOwl

#15: Post by CoffeeOwl »

the prices will drop.
There are many machines very similar to each other, but then the ones which satisfy the market's expectations are overpriced and their producers will have a hard time to sell more then just a few. :D

Marshall

#16: Post by Marshall »

The only question is when will the Italians start shifting production to China, the Chinese hire or partner with some Italian expertise and make their own, or both.
Marshall
Los Angeles