First time buyer, espresso machine budget up to $3500 - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
DaveB

#31: Post by DaveB »

I would chose the Bianca for the following:
  • Smaller footprint than others
  • Removable reservoir can be mounted on 3 different sides and can be filled without removing cup tray
  • Warms up in less than half the time of others
  • Less expensive than others
  • Flow control paddle nicer than other solutions
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

elkayem

#32: Post by elkayem »

MTN Gert wrote:If an E61 machine is what you are after than from an engineering standpoint I too would regard the ecm Synchronika and profitec pro 700 (almost the exact same machine besides joystick steam levers) the best choices all around. The Bianca has a few threads on here about issues. Maybe they are being worked though. Rocket r58 is my last choice because of lower steam pressure and sometimes buggy electronics.
Reliability was definitely a big consideration when I was deciding, and I really liked the build quality of the Synchronika. As I said earlier, I was initially hesitant about the Bianca since it was so new. And yes, there are some consumers reporting problems, as seen on some of the H-B threads. However, 1st-line, the main reseller in the US, has the following endorsement of the Bianca on their website. Since they see all of the warranty issues on the machines they sell, I take them at their word.

From 1st-line:
UPDATE July 31, 2019!!!! We have now been shipping the Bianca for exactly 11 months, and with proof, the Bianca is our most reliable prosumer espresso machine! In fact, for a dual boiler espresso machine, this is an accomplishment for your investment! Also, noteworthy news: the prototype Bianca we received in March of 2018 has been running 24×7 in our showroom WITHOUT the filter (as it was never included with the prototype). Additionally, we are happy to report, there have been no issues. We have been unsuccessful in our attempts to break the Bianca with abuse, limescale, and heavy usage.

Update August 9, 2019! The Lelit Bianca dual boiler espresso machine has proven so reliable for the past 11 months that we are able to offer a 3 year warranty limited to manufacturer's defects.

dreadnatty08

#33: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Zachary wrote:From what I've been able to find in this price point, most machines are E61. What are some examples that aren't E61?
Nuova Simonelli Musica, La Spaziale S1 Dream, Vivaldi II,
Lelit Elizabeth, Silvia Pro, Profitec 300 are a few options. They're all well under your budget, dual boilers. I was between the Elizabeth and MaraX and chose the latter a lot because I much preferred the appearance and flow profiling. Still waiting on its delivery though. Good luck with your choice!

Zachary (original poster)

#34: Post by Zachary (original poster) replying to dreadnatty08 »

I think my concern with those smaller machines would be the steam pressure? 300's steam boiler is half the size of the Bianca. Is that a valid concern?

Jeff
Team HB

#35: Post by Jeff »

The 300 doesn't have the preinfusion control that the comparably priced Elizabeth does. At least for me and my use of medium and lighter roasts, that's a significant sacrifice. For medium-dark and darker roasts, it is likely not as important.

MTN Gert

#36: Post by MTN Gert »

Zachary wrote:Thanks for this, makes a lot of sense and helped me narrow it down. Thanks for the offer to show me your machines, I'm not sure how cross border land travel works at this point :lol:

Yeah, I came to that conclusion on the R58 as well, my last choice for that steam reason.

From what I've been able to find in this price point, most machines are E61. What are some examples that aren't E61?
Nuova Simonelli Musica, La Spaziale S1 Dream, Vivaldi II,
The La Cimbali M21 junior casa is the only other commercal brand, home sized machine coming to mind. The La Speciale machines would be great too. Hard to make a bad decision!
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann