First lever espresso machine!

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Nikvls

#1: Post by Nikvls »

Hi everybody!my name is nik I'm new in the forum and I'm very happy that I found that!!in my question now...I'm ready to buy a lever machine but I'm not sure for my choice and I need help... actually I'm between la peppina and la pavoni europiccola...I don't have experience with lever machines so I need your opinions!thanks!!

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Welcome to HB Nik!

Do you plan to do milk steaming? If so, you're probably better off with a La Pavoni. The La Peppina does have an attachment that can do some mediocre steaming reportedly. But it was sort of an afterthought from the manufacturer.

There's plenty of reviews and helpful threads on the La Pavoni here as well. Just search for them.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
Nikvls (original poster)

#3: Post by Nikvls (original poster) »

Thanks Tom for your quick response....no I'm not cappuccino guy...only espresso...is it rare machine la peppina??

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC replying to Nikvls »

Define "rare" :wink:

They don't come up quite as often as La Pavoni Europiccolas, but they're not hard to find. I do think they look a bit cooler on the counter, but that's subjective.

If you're only looking for a straight shot puller, you could look for a VAM/Caravel too. There's also the Strietman but those are modern and much more expensive.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Nikvls (original poster)

#5: Post by Nikvls (original poster) »

i love antiques and well made machines...when i said rare i mean something not too usual...and not too expensive...im looking for something to start with..i found it for 200$ is tha a good price?the machine looks brand new but its from 70s...

redbone

#6: Post by redbone »

Nikvls wrote:i love antiques and well made machines...when i said rare i mean something not too usual...and not too expensive...i'm looking for something to start with..i found it for 200$ is that a good price?the machine looks brand new but its from 70s...
Price depends on what machine and condition, arbitrarily asking if $200 is a good price is a moot point.

When dealing with vintage levers consider availability of parts with many no longer in production. Suggest giving Francesco's site a good read for detailed information on vintage prosumer levers. http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/dallaAallaZ_eng.htm
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nikvls (original poster)

#7: Post by Nikvls (original poster) »

thanks redbone!im going check it out...

Advertisement
mack1611

#8: Post by mack1611 »

TomC wrote:Define "rare" :wink:

If you're only looking for a straight shot puller, you could look for a VAM/Caravel too.

Handsome machine that can pull some nice shots.

Nikvls (original poster)

#9: Post by Nikvls (original poster) »

Mack any other suggestions??

mack1611

#10: Post by mack1611 replying to Nikvls »

I see a Profitec Pro 800 in my future...