Fiorenzato F4 Nano vs. Ceado E37S

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Nickel

#1: Post by Nickel »

I am looking to improve the taste of our espresso. I presently have a Fiorenzato F4 Nano, and was wondering if the Ceado E37s would have a noticeable improvement in the cup. We use Black Cat, Creme Dolce, Redbird coffees.

alpineqskier

#2: Post by alpineqskier »

I had the Ceado E37s. Good grinder but if you can afford to go more I would suggest you consider.

Brandon

#3: Post by Brandon »

The E37S is a great grinder. I am sure it would probably be better than your current grinder, but the law of diminishing returns starts to kick in. Not sure what would be much better until you start to get into big money.

dsblv

#4: Post by dsblv »

If your shots aren't meeting expectations, I'd recommend working on your coffee prep technique first. A new grinder isn't a panacea for fixing shot issues. One reason to switch to the E37S is reduced retention, incredible consistency and very fine control of grinding. But you'll only benefit from those features if everything else in the coffee prep process is working well.

grind727

#5: Post by grind727 »

If you do upgrade to the Ceado or something else, please report back on your impressions. I'm actually pretty happy with my F4, but perhaps I don't know any better.

Given the types of beans that you prefer, I wonder if it would make much of a difference in the cup; although, workflow and ergonomics may improve. It seems like the lighter roasts and more esoteric beans tend to require the high end grinders, more so than forgiving blends like Redbird. I could be wrong, so hopefully someone will correct me there if needed.

Even when pulling lighter roasted coffees, I can't tell the difference between my shots and those at local coffee shops with the same beans. I found that turning down my brew pump pressure helped with that.

What is it that you're trying to fix or to achieve though? That may help others to fine tune their recommendations for you.
LMWDP #717

Nickel (original poster)

#6: Post by Nickel (original poster) »

I went from a Mazzer mini to the F4 and noticed an improvement in taste. I was wondering if the same would hold true, going to the Ceado e37s from the F4.

redbone

#7: Post by redbone »

Having owned a E37 (older ver 64mm) an F4 Nano and now K30, found little in taste difference. The big difference was speed and some noise reduction.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nickel (original poster)

#8: Post by Nickel (original poster) replying to redbone »

I thought I read in one of your posts, that the F4 improved the taste over the older Ceado 64 mm. burr set.

redbone

#9: Post by redbone »

Nickel wrote:I thought I read in one of your posts, that the F4 improved the taste over the older Ceado 64 mm burr set.
Difference not improved. The F4 was great even with the oem burrs. Switched to the K30 for speed increase and deal but found the F4 to be less messy. Speed comes with some penalty.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nickel (original poster)

#10: Post by Nickel (original poster) replying to redbone »

I read this and was confused by your response. This is from your post.

The F4 E tastes better than my previous 64mm older e37 Ceado. Other factors maybe at play here.
It's eliminating the negative notes and allowing the more positive notes to standout compared to my 42mm conical or previous e37.