Feldgrind grinder for espresso and pourover? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
JoeSventek (original poster)

#21: Post by JoeSventek (original poster) »

Here's a little update: Unfortunately The Barn was already out of Feldgrinds when I ordered, though their webshop did not tell me. They are still waiting for a new batch from the manufacturer. Since I did not want to wait and I just discovered the Kinu M47, which is sold (and manufactured? I'm not too sure about that) by a german company and is getting really good reviews on discussion boards around europe, I cancelled my order with The Barn and ordered the M47.

It arrived today and the first coffee out of it was already pretty good. I'll write another post once I had the time to test it a bit more.

For anyone considering buying a Feldgrind in europe: The Barn was very responsive about the issue with my order. If I were to buy a Feldgrind I would definitely buy it from them. Also their coffee is really good :)

Bob_McBob

#22: Post by Bob_McBob »

How did you order the Kinu and how much did it cost? Their web site has no information, and their Facebook page is pretty barren.
Chris

Barb
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Barb »

I,to, am curious about the Kinu having had bad luck x2 trying to get a Feldgrind. Would be nice if someone could compare the two

#24: Post by JoeSventek (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:How did you order the Kinu and how much did it cost? Their web site has no information, and their Facebook page is pretty barren.
I ordered via Email (info@kinugrinders.com). I don't think there's another way to order from Kinu for now. The M47 cost me 209 € (incl. 19 % VAT) + 6,99 € shipping within germany. According to Kinu this is a "launch price". Regular price will be 249 € incl. VAT.
Barb wrote:I,to, am curious about the Kinu having had bad luck x2 trying to get a Feldgrind. Would be nice if someone could compare the two
Since I did not get the Feldgrind I'm not really able to compare it to the M47. But from what I read there shouldn't be too big a difference quality wise. Also I think the Kinu M38 is more of a direct competitor to the Feldgrind. Especially regarding the price. According to a comment on another discussion board the M38 will be 182 € with a "launch price" of 149 €.

Bob_McBob

#25: Post by Bob_McBob »

Looks like the M38 has the same Italmill burrs as the Helor, Feldgrind, etc. I'm not sure about the M47.

Chris

CoffeeBar

#26: Post by CoffeeBar »

Nice and have to check out this video :D

#27: Post by JoeSventek (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:Looks like the M38 has the same Italmill burrs as the Helor, Feldgrind, etc. I'm not sure about the M47.
A user on a german discussion board claims the burrs of the M47 look identical to the burrs of his Bezzera BB005.

I just found some pictures comparing the M38 and M47 at

Bob_McBob

#28: Post by Bob_McBob »

I was just reading that. Seems like a promising candidate. I wonder how it performs compared to the Italmill used in the M38, Helor, Feldgrind, Anonymous, and so on. I have to admit I find it confusing they have two such similar grinders in their product line, and the "stuck burr" photo is a little worrying.

M47:

BB005:

Chris

#29: Post by JoeSventek (original poster) »

Now that I see those pictures, the burrs look identical to the old Lido 2 Italmill burrs!

Bob_McBob

#30: Post by Bob_McBob »

I did consider that before I'd had a look at them. They certainly look similar, particularly #2 for the Lido and #3 for the M47 in this comparison. I am very surprised if the M47 grinds more easily than the M38 like I seem to be reading on kaffee-netz since the Lido 2 Italmill burrs are real beasts in a hand grinder.

Lido 2 Italmill:

M47:

Edit: Here's another one, M47 on the left and Lido 2 Italmill on the right.

Chris