Faema Faemina, Sanremo You, or the tried and true La Marzocco Linea Mini

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
RJB83

#1: Post by RJB83 »

They're all around the same price, similar feature set, which would you chose?

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

The LMLM is the safe bet as the other machines are unknowns. Myself, I'd go for the new one-group La Pavoni Diamantina. https://www.instagram.com/p/CVYCRQnMP8I/

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
RJB83 (original poster)

#3: Post by RJB83 (original poster) »

Nice looking machine. Has more knobs than I'm accustomed to seeing on an e-61.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by baldheadracing » replying to RJB83 »

It looks like two of the knobs are just for show as they accent the (also for show) sightglass.

To be honest, I think that La Pavoni should have used their commercial lever group on the Diamantina and made a modern Concorso La Pavoni Concorso 1 Group Restoration

I guess SMEG thinks that they'll sell more Diamantina's as E-61's.

The Victoria Arduino Eagle 1 Prima is another option; it almost seems that Cimbali resurrected the Faema nameplate to build a competing machine.

BaristaBob

#5: Post by BaristaBob »

I'm leaning toward the Sanremo You. For me I want a group head design much like my Breville 920XL that gives me strict temp control with a start-up to brew time of 10 minutes. Needs to be dual boiler with great steam...I do milk drinks. Needs what I currently lack...precise control with programmability over preinfusion and over the entire time of extraction. Also looking for great build quality at that price. I'd be spending 5K more than my current machine (which makes excellent espresso), so it needs to be worth the expense.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by baldheadracing »

I didn't see anything that said the YOU would be ready in 10 minutes ... nor anything about group heaters that would make that a possibility?

Given the design of what appears to be a three-way downpipe and cover, it looks like the YOU is using Sanremo's version of the E-61 Eclipse(solenoid triggered) group found in some of their commercial machines, but the cover would have to come off to confirm.

RJB83 (original poster)

#7: Post by RJB83 (original poster) »

oh that's an e-61 on the YOU and not a saturated group? Is the Faemina also an E-61?

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
BaristaBob

#8: Post by BaristaBob » replying to RJB83 »

The Faemina literature says this;

Ready for use in 5 minutes
- Ready for steam in 12 minutes
- Professional Faema coffee group of the top of the range

So I would say this is anything but an e-61 group. Very much to my liking. 5 minutes is insanely fast.

I also have a feeling that the Sanremo YOU is not e-61...but still looking for confirmation on this.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"