Eureka Mignon vs. Baratza Sette - Page 6

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
levbec

#51: Post by levbec »

Got it, thanks!

Just noticed the same info in the other thread.

Eureka Mignon Silenzio/Perfetto/Specialita' (2018)

bowdenoles

#52: Post by bowdenoles »

I am shocked by espressocoffeeshop.com 's prices and shipping I am not sure how they are selling and shipping for so cheap. I am replacing a Malhkonig Pro M that I have had for 5 years and for $420 U.S. which included shipping I was skeptical since the Eureka Mignon Specialita' here is $750 in red. I ordered it on Thursday night EST, and UPS says it will be delivered Monday! How can they send a grinder by air service for 35 Euro? Will let you know how it arrives and my thoughts.

bowdenoles

#53: Post by bowdenoles »

Now that I have had the grinder for a few weeks I think I can give it a good review. It took me much longer to get dialed in than my Mahlkonig, I think that is due to the smaller burrs. With 7 day old beans, 17g basket I found that close to 2 gave me a consistent grind. For some reason I thought that would be too fine and avoided it trying to dose heavier but it seems 9.6 seconds and just above 2 worked well with my Salvatore machine. The one thing I would change(and am) is the lack of grind tray. I am printing out a small tray that will fit at the base.

alexeyga

#54: Post by alexeyga »

Just got mine from espressocoffeeshop.com as a replacement for yet another, failed Sette.

Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Thursday - and that - including an attempted delivery on Wednesday - where the UPS goblin never actually showed up. I don't know how they (espressocoffeeshop.com) do it.

Can't make any real comments yet after a mere 5 shots pulled, Minion feels solid as rock and it's virtually silent.

Totally regret not having waited for this last gen Minions to become available - back when I've got the Sette.

Snoroqc

#55: Post by Snoroqc »

https://idrinkcoffee.com/products/eurek ... -2-colours

@ 499 CAD$ (+-375 USD$) The Eureka Facile is a solid choice. Same motor, Same burr size, etc. Only It's manual only (facile = easy). I own a Mignon.

DJL

#56: Post by DJL replying to Snoroqc »

The burrs in the Facile are 50 mm, the Specialita has 55 mm. IDC (Canadian retailer) sells their Mignons treated with "Diamond-inside" technology. Supposed to increase burr longevity?