Eureka Mignon vs. Baratza Sette - Page 2

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
OverStimulated

#11: Post by OverStimulated » Jan 13, 2019, 11:30 am

I have the sette and while it gets the job done, it is loud and looks/feels like a piece of junk.

If I could go back I'd have opted for the eureka, so that'd be my recommendation.

redbone

#12: Post by redbone » Jan 13, 2019, 12:30 pm

viiiwonder wrote:Well, I just placed an order with espressocoffeeshop.com for a Mignon Specialita. Pretty sure this is the right choice.

I'm really having to stifle my Amazon-fed need for instant gratification in doing this! I've become disturbingly accustomed to orders showing up next day or sooner... now I've gotta wait for something to come from Italy?! :D

Thanks for all the comments and advice.
Of the family of Mignon the Specialita is the best of the lot. Good choice await your feedback.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

shanewiebeftr

#13: Post by shanewiebeftr » Jan 13, 2019, 12:31 pm

I have a sette and thought it was awesome in terms of build and performance until I bought a "real grinder". I ended up with a eureka Zenith but the build quality is so so much better than the Baratza which I expected when paying that much more for a grinder. If that build quality trickled down into the Mignon series, I'd go for that over a sette.

smvmarine

#14: Post by smvmarine » Jan 15, 2019, 10:09 am

Those of you that ordered the Eureka Mignon Specialita from espressocoffeeshop.com how much was total price for shipping here to the U.S.? How long did it take to receive it?

viiiwonder

#15: Post by viiiwonder » Jan 15, 2019, 10:47 pm

My shipping was 35 euro. I placed my order this past Sunday the 13th, it's now Tuesday the 15th (evening) and I haven't been notified that it has been shipped or anything. I'll update this thread with final details once I have it, etc.

bedejay

#16: Post by bedejay » Jan 16, 2019, 2:59 am

I purchased my Mignon Specialita from them 12/27 and received my order 12/31 via UPS. Paid $426.59, pending duties if applicable. As far as I know, UPS will bill me accordingly, but it shouldn't be more than 4% of the stated value.

They sent me a shipping confirmation the next day via email. If you have a UPS account, you can check if you have any scheduled deliveries.

viiiwonder

#17: Post by viiiwonder » Jan 16, 2019, 3:48 pm

Wow. Our Warehouse Manager at the office just brought me my Mignon - had it shipped to the office.

That means it was to me in 2.5 working days (Italy to Conyers, GA). Go EspressoCoffeeShop.com!

Can't wait to get home and start dialing it in.

uhplifted

#18: Post by uhplifted » replying to viiiwonder » Jan 17, 2019, 7:06 pm

I just found out about ordering from this shop. I just sent them an email asking a couple questions but seeing as you have first hand experience I'll ask you too.

I assumed the 110v option was selected?
Being that it's a 110v and Europe is standard in the 220, did your power supply/plug come as a standard US pronged plug?

If your answer is "yes" to both of these, I will be placing my order very shortly!

redbone

#19: Post by redbone » replying to uhplifted » Jan 17, 2019, 8:16 pm

There site offers 110v or 220v as part of the option choices.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

uhplifted

#20: Post by uhplifted » replying to redbone » Jan 17, 2019, 8:19 pm

Yup. But I just want to make sure that the power supply/plug is in fact a standard US plug, and not a European style one. I don't want to drop $400+ for it not to be what I need.