Eureka Mignon Silenzio vs. Ceado E5p

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
JoeyDollar

#1: Post by JoeyDollar »

I switch between espresso (Gaggia Classic), Aeropress, and drip (Bonavita) sometimes all in the same day.
Which of these two machines - Eureka Mignon Silenzio vs. Ceado E5p; (both are approx $500) would be recommended and why?
Or is there a better choice you would recommend?

I have tried a Sette 30 and an Ascaso I-steel grinder and been quite dissatisfied with both. The Baratza was too loud, plasticky & lightweight;
and the Ascaso had too much grounds retention and took too many turns between coarse and fine, with no way to recall the settings.
Ths Ascaso also sprayed grounds all over my counter top. (Both cost approx $250.)

Thanks in advance for your expertise; I am a relative newbie,

Joe D. in Tampa :(

mcneely11

#2: Post by mcneely11 »

I think either would be frustrating switching between those. You can get the Silenzio for just over $300 shipped from Italy (see below). I would do that and then spend the left over $200 on a separate brew grinder

https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/coff ... nders-home

redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

Both brands offer removal of upper burr carrier without losing grind setting. Ceado uses tradition collar dial in while Eureka using micrometric dial.

E5P - 300W 64mm 1400RPM
Silenzio - 310W 50mm 1350RPM
Specialita - 310W 55mm 1350RPM. Adds timer.

Between the Specialita and E5P it would be a tough decision but between your choices the bigger burrs of the E5P give it the edge. Used 50mm, 58mm and 64mm burrs. Find 64mm burrs to be the sweet spot in price vs performance.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

JoeyDollar (original poster)

#4: Post by JoeyDollar (original poster) »

I appreciate the response; I still have the Sette 30 (was thinking of selling it on eBay) but I have limited counter space in our small apartment,
and my 3 coffee-related machines are already challenging my WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) - espresso / drip machines, and grinder.

An alternative I have considered might be the Eureka Mignon Perfetta, which has a sort of speed knob for moving quickly between grinds, but it cost about $700. Anyone have experience with that?

I definitely need a replacement grinder; the Ascasa is more annoying that the Sette 30.

Thanks everyone;

Joe in Tampa

mcneely11

#5: Post by mcneely11 »

If you were to go the 2 separate grinder option you could get a hand grinder for brew (comandante, kinu, lido), it could be stashed in a drawer or cabinet to not take up space. The problem is you want stepless for espresso, but without steps it is hard to make large back and forth adjustments like you want to do.

AlwaysLearning

#6: Post by AlwaysLearning »

The Perfetto is about $420 delivered to the US.

https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/Eure ... n-Perfetto

gordinho

#7: Post by gordinho replying to AlwaysLearning »

Don't you need to pay 200 euros more for the USA version?

kruzilla

#8: Post by kruzilla »

I got my Perfetto shipped from the Espresso Shop in Italy for $450 USD. Love it and very easy to switch between grinds. My only complaint is that the numbers on the dial are so small I have to take a pic with my phone and blow it up to be really precise. Other than that it's been fantastic.