Eureka Mignon Silenzio vs Baratza Sette 270 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
wachuko (original poster)

#11: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

klee11mtl wrote:Good luck with your setup. Some thoughts now that you've already made your choice.

My understanding of the Silenzio/Facile/Notte is these all have the same burrs and motor with the Facile adding the noise reduction and metal fork, and the Silenzio further adding the time dosing option. I have the Notte and am very happy with the grind quality.

I use a dosing cup and while it's a one-hand operation to hold the cup and simultaneously lean against the grind button, I recognize it could be better. I have considered the following mod so the on/off switch becomes the grind button but it's not really an issue so far, maybe in the future.
Eureka Mignon Filtro on/off switch

I also ordered a single dose/bellows from Etsy although a different one and while it improved on the retention, I found further adding the incline stand got me down to 0.1.
Would be great to make the switch turn on the grinder and not have to use the momentary switch under the spout. That is a great idea.

I will rig something up once it arrives. Thanks for the great suggestion!!

As for the stand. I can make one from a piece of wood or 3D print one... let me research that...
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#12: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

I moved the LR and KafaTek to the new house... It is great being able to have good espresso over there...

Now I just need to finish the setup back in Orlando...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Billythec

#13: Post by Billythec »

BTW I loved my LR with the 270wi which was my interim grinder while awaiting a Monolith. The weight dosing was very useful. But it's not a single dosing machine if that's ok. It's loud as hell and has some plastic parts that the factory is quick to ship you if they break (I did once). They do come up on the factory refurb site for $375 sometimes which I think is a steal.

Looks like you solved the problem tho!

#14: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Billythec wrote:BTW I loved my LR with the 270wi which was my interim grinder while awaiting a Monolith. The weight dosing was very useful. But it's not a single dosing machine if that's ok. It's loud as hell and has some plastic parts that the factory is quick to ship you if they break (I did once). They do come up on the factory refurb site for $375 sometimes which I think is a steal.

Looks like you solved the problem tho!
That was the reason I posted the thread. You can't imagine how many times I have recommended the Sette 270, or 270wi, to friends that are just upgrading or starting the journey to better espresso...

But I have always liked the looks of the Eureka... never had one nor know of someone close by that does. So very glad to see folks here having good results with it.

All set here for when it arrives...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#15: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

This arrived just now...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654