Eureka Mignon grinders - Facile or Silenzio

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
oncewas

#1: Post by oncewas »

I'm looking into getting a Eureka Grinder I was looking at the Facile or the Silenzio. I wanted to see the differences between the two but the only place I can find the Facile is Wholelattelove. It is not even listed on Eureka's website. As far as I can see the only difference is the Silenzio has a timer. Does anyone have experience with either of these two grinders? Can anyone provide any info on them?
Thanks

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

IDC has a review of the Facile on their web site https://idrinkcoffee.com/collections/co ... -2-colours

cap2

#3: Post by cap2 »

oncewas wrote:As far as I can see the only difference is the Silenzio has a timer

Yes. Silenzio has a timer and manual mode. Facile is manual only. I think it only runs while the button is being pressed. Facile is supposed to have the same sound quieting treatment as Silenzio. Cosmetically, Silenzio can be had with some chrome, or even all chrome. Facile has no chrome, black or white only. I just bought a Silenzio. I single dose, but set the timer to a little longer than I need so I can grind the beans and use bellows force the last beans through and get the last gram out before it stops. Makes a great zero retention single doser. Without the timer, I would not have enough hands.

cap2

#4: Post by cap2 »

and.. to reply to my own post:
If I had a Facile, for single dosing, I would consider doing what is described in this linked thread so the grinder is turned on and off with just the toggle switch, so it stays on till you turn it off, leaving hands free for deal with bellows.
Eureka Mignon timer bypass?

And if you don't care about noise (I hate noise) you could save a bundle and get a filtro and make an awesome single doser for a little over $200. Same motor, same burrs.

oncewas (original poster)

#5: Post by oncewas (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply. I did consider the Notte/Manuale at Seattlecoffee but didn't really look at the Filtro as it wasn't listed as a espresso grinder. But I didn't like all the little plastic pieces with the Notte. Again much thanks you helped alot.

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by walr00s »

My parents currently use my Silenzio as a filter grinder, not single dosing. It doesn't function well in that capacity, as it sprays chaff everywhere at coarser grind settings (no RDT). I'm planning to buy them a niche at some point and sell the Silenzio. However, I did love the Silenzio for espresso. It produces a nice full-bodied cup that sometimes I would prefer to my hyper aligned fortified Vario. The two places it struggled were A) retention, you need the puffer and you want to make sure you're not puffing grounds into the body of the grinder and B) with coffees that required a very fine grind setting like some decafs I drink, I just couldn't get a good flow out of them where my Vario can