Eureka Atom 75 vs Niche Zero - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
kenyabob

#11: Post by kenyabob »

Once I figured out that I wasnt totally in love with my work process around the Atom, I was in a rush to sell it. I think that niche is going to lower demand in sub 1000 grinders for the foreseeable future.

LObin

#12: Post by LObin »

Not to say the Atom 75 would have been a mistake since I'm sure it has upsides the NZ doesn't have but... I think you've made a wise decison! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have been enjoying mine!
LMWDP #592

danny31292

#13: Post by danny31292 »

drown wrote:Just sold my Atom 60 and replaced with a Niche. After a few days of use I can share a few observations:

1. Atom grinds were fluffier and had less clumping. Never needed to WDT with Atom. Niche needs it.
2. Atom was quieter. Niche is not super loud, but it's louder.
3. Niche' retention is almost null.
4. Atom with Blow Up is messy and still retains some grinds. It is not a single doser. It works much better, as others have stated, with beans in the hopper.
5. for single dosing Niche is hands own better.

Time will tell. If I was doing more volume I would of upgraded to the 75mm version of the atom. Build quality on the Eurekas is very solid.
Do you grind into the cup or directly into the PF. The pharos 2 had zero clumping since the grinds wend directly from the burrs a few cm into the basket. When I got my niche, the clumping after transferring from the cup was unacceptable. I'm pretty satisfied grinding directly into the PF and doing a quick WDT to get a flat distribution now.

kenyabob

#14: Post by kenyabob »

For both the atom and the niche, Ive ground into a cup. For whatever reason, its easier for me. I also live in a higher humidity zone, which could help with clumping. I would WDT with my Kinu M47, but only so I could get the grinds out of the catch. Otherwise, clumping was fine. Distribution tool takes care of the rest.