Espresso scale

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Petrus

#1: Post by Petrus »

hi

Any recommendation for a good espresso scale?

Acaia looks good but too expensive. Any good alternatives?

thanks

jpreiser

#2: Post by jpreiser »

Possibly the Brewista Smart Scale II. I don't have one so can't comment how well it fits under the portafilter (if you're planning to use it to weight output in real time) though. One complaint I have heard about it though is folks either not liking the orange display or finding it hard to read.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Searching will reveal many threads already. Search titles only. The lunar may be worth it one you read them.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

B2uatk

#5: Post by B2uatk »

jpreiser wrote:Possibly the Brewista Smart Scale II. I don't have one so can't comment how well it fits under the portafilter (if you're planning to use it to weight output in real time) though. One complaint I have heard about it though is folks either not liking the orange display or finding it hard to read.
I have one of them, the size is great, the functionality appears to (diff modes) great - IF - they work. I had mine for about 2 months now and it's stopped working so will not suggest this one at all.

DaveB

#6: Post by DaveB replying to B2uatk »

The Brewista has a 1 year warranty so you should be able to get it repaired or replaced.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

B2uatk

#7: Post by B2uatk replying to DaveB »

Agree with that. I sent them an email sometime ago with no response. Which is another thing I am hearing about them. Not very response. As I said in original post, this could be a good scale just not sure about the reliability or if the company stands behind its product.

Petrus (original poster)

#8: Post by Petrus (original poster) »

amazon has the brewista II on sale now....
beside reliability issue, how do find the response time?
i read that it can be too slow for espresso shots

B2uatk

#9: Post by B2uatk replying to Petrus »

When mine works, it works great.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#10: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I passed on the Brewista for the reasons mentioned. Price difference to the Lunar on sale made that choice easy. Only easy I know to get a discount now is sign up for emails at Seattle Coffee Gear and get 10% off.

Two year warranty and they support helping you with replacement parts if needed.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart