Espresso machine upgrade

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
amoung

#1: Post by amoung »

Hi guys,

I'm currently using Breville Barista espresso machine and planning to upgrade to individual grinder and dual boiler espresso machine.

Planning to purchase the Eureka Mignon Specialita for the grinder and should I get the Breville dual boiler or Lelit Bianca for my next upgrade?

Thank you,

MTN Gert

#2: Post by MTN Gert »

Have you looked at the La Spaziale Vivaldi or dream as another potential option? It's just my personal opinion it is worth buying from a company that builds commercial machines as they tend to have superior parts and repair support. I had an absolutely terrible experience when my DB Izzo Alex Duetto IV steam element died(6 month eta).
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

Budget and aesthetics probably answer that question. Both are capable of reliably making very good to excellent espresso.

Fatdonk54

#4: Post by Fatdonk54 »

One is definitely more expensive than the other, so price is something to consider. Not sure how serviceable the BDB is.

I have a Bianca myself, and I absolutely love it in terms of functionality. Super easy to use. My only complaint is that you may not get perfectly matching wood parts. And keeping the shiny parts shiny can take some work :) but worth it! Cant go wrong.

I hear good things about the specialita. I single dose, so I went with the Niche and I am also very happy with it. Consider whether conical vs flat burrs matter to you as well.

Oskuk

#5: Post by Oskuk »

MTN Gert wrote:Have you looked at the La Spaziale Vivaldi or dream as another potential option? It's just my personal opinion it is worth buying from a company that builds commercial machines as they tend to have superior parts and repair support. I had an absolutely terrible experience when my DB Izzo Alex Duetto IV steam element died(6 month eta).
Izzo makes commercials too...

MTN Gert

#6: Post by MTN Gert replying to Oskuk »

Thanks for for info. In the US they do not have a headquarters and parts warehouse. I don't think they supply commercial to the US at all. Chris coffee is the sole importer of parts and other resalers will not special order parts from Italy for you. Rocket has commercial machines too, but last I checked they are not set up to handle their own parts and service on prosumer machines. Maybe in the future some of the home prosumer companies will have a bigger US presence when they realize not all of the vendors are supporting their products to the highest standards.
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann