Espresso machine upgrade, budget around $4000

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
trimona

#1: Post by trimona »

Hello guys,
My first post here.I bought Luca M58 and Ceado 37S in 2015.So far the machine has been great,but I am giving it to my daughter. I use mostly light or medium light beans and I am ready for an upgrade. My budget is around $4000. I would like to have a machine with manual or electronic profiling. So far I like:

Lelit Bianca
Crem One Profiler

I like what I read about the Londinium lever machines, but there is no profiling.
I am not sure about the long term reliability of the Crem One and the fact that is made in China.

Another thing that bothers me is for how long I will be using the manual profiling and if I am going to get tired of toying with it...

I would greatly appreciate your advice and any other suggestions you could have!

Stavey
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Stavey »

DE1 will do what both those machines will do plus a lot more. Look around <4K you can't touch the Decent .

Not to mention there are LOTS of HX/dB machines on here lately with quality issues. Notice you don't see Decent owners having quality issues, or at least it's incredibly rare. The DE1 just work

trimona (original poster)

#3: Post by trimona (original poster) »

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I know about the Decent machine. Unfortunately I don't like the design, there is a lot of Teflon tubing and questionable long term parts availability. It is a great machine,that fills a big void in espresso making,but it is just not for me.

AJ_Grey

#4: Post by AJ_Grey »

Whole Latte Love sells the ECM Synchronika and the Profitec 600 & 700 with flow control.

SandraF

#5: Post by SandraF »

I bought my setup at the end of February - an ECM Synchronika dual boiler machine as well as an a Eureka Atom 75 Specialty, and so far they have both been great. The Synchronika is a classic e61 group head and it's been around for a long time, so nobody really goes gaga over it, but it's a workhorse.

I also bought a Cafelat "Robot" that I love also.

Good luck on your search.

BaristaBoy E61

#6: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

trimona wrote:Another thing that bothers me is for how long I will be using the manual profiling and if I am going to get tired of toying with it...

I would greatly appreciate your advice and any other suggestions you could have!

Welcome to HB Chavi.

I would suggest that you look at the Izzo Alex Duetto IV as it is at least the equal of any other E61 DB and after servicing several E61 machines, in my view is the most user friendly & serviceable.

Any machine will require servicing eventually.

Don't neglect proper water filtration in your budget if you want to avoid servicing and problems.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/iz ... -duetto-iv
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

cafeIKE

#7: Post by cafeIKE »

The Lucca M58 V2 looks like a very nice machine and @ ¾ of your $4k limit, a sweet deal.

You could add an e61 pressure profile kit and flog the kit when you get bored.

IMO, topics like this elicit too many FanBoy responses.

crazyascarl

#8: Post by crazyascarl »

I was in a similar place (well, short of the daughter part)...

Machines that were on my short list-
Profitec Pro 700/ECM Synchronika (I am working with a smaller space, they were too big for my needs)
Lelit Bianca (what i ended up going with)
Crem One 2B LFPP (not much out there about them and the little there is, are very mixed reviews- some loves, some malfunctions, not much in between)

IZZO Alex Duetto IV Plus
LUCCA M58 V2
(Honestly don't remember why I ruled these out... joystick maybe?)

Ones that didn't work for my needs/wants, but might work for you
Pro 800
Decent
Then there is the whole world of lever machines.
★ Helpful

BruceWayne

#9: Post by BruceWayne »

I've had my Bianca since the beginning of July and am really happy with it.

Stavey
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Stavey »

If you want something to look neat on the counter or enjoy pulling levers then that's one thing. If you want to make the best espresso possible under 4K . You need to take another look at the DE1 .It's literally on a whole other level.